Remington Super 754 Chainsaw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lewis Brander

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Are parts available for this saw? I've been offered the saw but it needs bar, chain, side cover, airfilter and airfilter cover. The owner says also it has no spark. Just wondering what I might be getting into if I accept this saw. Any comments? I did a search an only came up with 2 threads, one with a link that would not open. Just wondering what the availability of parts for Remington saw is. Thanks. Lewis.

Every so often,one pops up on ebay.I don't know for sure,but on Mikes site ,it says it has 6 petal reeds,maybe a Homelite clone?You can always find parts,but as you know,it's a long look,sometimes.

To Al Smith:

Hi Al. Thanks for the reply. I've spent a little time on ebay. Haven't seen too much of anything listed. Even checked out some of what the sellers listed are selling on their listings. I thought the 6 petal reed valve was interesting also. The C-5 and C-51 both have a 4 petal block in them. I'll do another search and see if the link I found will open for me. Just was curious to know if anyone knew of someone who might have parts or an old Remington laying around. Thaks again. Lewis.

look at the used threads theirs a 770 for sell maybe he has what you need or can help find parts

Hi Mike:

Did he send you a quote on the saw? Are you still interested in it? I sent the seller a PM, will see what he is asking for it. Thanks. Lewis.

Last edited:
Remington Super 754 chainsaw:

Hello to all. Did another search on this site, using some different configurations of words. Found some listings for the above saw and contacted the posters of the thread. Have gotten a resopnce from one who still has a complete saw. Thanks for the replies. Lewis.

Re: Disposable Income:

Knot Whole said:
restoring old chainsaws :) = goodbye disposable income :cry: .

Hello Knot Whole. I don't figurei that it's money wasted, although some parts I've bought are a little pricy. It gives me something to do or I'd go stir crazy, especially in the winter time. I do smoke a pipe and have a couple drinks at times, but what I call a waste is going out and partying all the time and drinking or smoking up the days profits or income. I work on my saws at my own pace, buy parts and saws when I can afford it ( after I've paid my bills and put money away). I try to buy saws wisely and spend just what they need to get them running. A lot of people have there toys ( 4 wheelers, boats, campers, motorcycles and such) and what they spend on them (for maintenance, gas, insurance, etc) for what they get out of them, sometimes is a waste. The darn things sure can nickle and dime you to death. My saws all run and I enjoy them. Once finished, they don't cost me a thing and I enjoy showing them to people. I keep track of what I have in them and if I were to ever get rid of them, at least they wouldn't go for a loss. OK, you take care. Lewis.

We're sort of in the same boat, Lewis.

I also view tinkering with saws as a useful hobby. As I periodically remind my wife there are many hobbies that are a lot more expensive than working on old saws, although I do try to control the urge to buy every old saw that I find. In my previous post I was trying to be funny; I'm guessing that I wasn't entirely successful.

Chris J.

To Knot Whole:

Knot Whole said:
restoring old chainsaws :) = goodbye disposable income :cry: .

Hi Chris J. My wife can be totally understanding at times, but she would take that quote and usually interpret it litterally. Her viewpoints and mine clash at times and it sort of takes the fun out of my hobby. You were trying to be funny and I took it to seriously. I'm looking to get a couple winter projects going and lately it's like fighting tooth and nail to get my point across. If my wife knew of the offers of saws I have gotten (over the net) and let go she would be somewhat amazed. I try to be a bit particular on what saws I aquuire. If I feel they're junk, I usually leave them alone. I don't have the room to store junk saws or parts saws. The saws I do aquire are usually complete and I do what's necessary to get them to running condition, so that they are operational and can be used or demonstrated. I get a lot of satisfaction from it. Mabe that's what I should try to explain to the wife. I'm not necessarily being critical of you, but just trying to clarify a point (my point). So you take care and have a Merry Christmas. Lewis.

You are a smart man Lewis. When someone asks me to look at their saw, and after ask if I want it, I find it very hard to say no, as a matter of fact I haven't yet. The saws I go for is most likely thrown away otherwise, so there is no big money involved, but a lot of fun. I have spent a lot of time meeting other saw collectors here, and have gotten a few over Internet as well. This is very good. I never thought I could learn so much so fast over Internet and forums.

Mange

Collecting saw:

Hi Mange. I would like to be able to take every saw that was offered to me, but. I have to strike up a ballance between spending and storage room and keeping the little misses happy. It can be a juggling act at times, but the saw collection is slowly growing. Take care. Lewis.

Almost all my money goes to my chainsaws right now, but at least its keeping me occupied and away from more dangerous things, like drugs.

If I were to take in every saw I was offered, I'd have nowhere to sleep/live.

Back