• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Remington Super 754

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pl4 and super 754, I have another pl4 and a super 660 to go pick up in the next week or so, I missed out on a military 754 on eBay that sold for 150ish a few days ago I was busy at the time the auction ended but it was in great shape

Attachments

• 20211125_111109.jpg
    20211125_111109.jpg
    971.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20211125_104403.jpg
    IMG_20211125_104403.jpg
    730.3 KB · Views: 7
Your Remington Super 754 is in alot better shape then mine...I'm not sure which ones I have yet...I had a guy who would find me saws shoot me a text and a price and I'd pick them up after work....just shoved them in my shop till my season was done...just started looking today...If I can get some pics on here I will....I have one just like your PL4 but it's yellow and white Wards I think????Powercraft???? I'm getting old and lazy and it's cold outside!🤫

I run 16-1 rec fuel in my remingtons dang parts are to hard to come by to have any failures but I could be alil overprotective 🤔
It might seem counterintuitive, but running 16:1 you're not doing your saws any favors. 16:1 is an antiquated ratio from the days of using 40:1 motor oil in 2-strokes. Modern oil works just fine at half the concentration.
All that extra oil is just building up carbon faster and also increasing your exhaust temperatures, both of which are bad for your piston and rings.
You will NOT damage your old saw running 32:1 or even 40:1 with modern oil.

It might seem counterintuitive, but running 16:1 you're not doing your saws any favors. 16:1 is an antiquated ratio from the days of using 40:1 motor oil in 2-strokes. Modern oil works just fine at half the concentration.
All that extra oil is just building up carbon faster and also increasing your exhaust temperatures, both of which are bad for your piston and rings.
You will NOT damage your old saw running 32:1 or even 40:1 with modern oil.
I have the ratio inside a Remington air cover if I can get a pic. on here I will...It tells you how much 30weight motor oil to mix with a gallon of gas...The two stroke oil we have didn't exist back then....An "Apple and Orange" kind of thing and a tad bit confusing to say the least...

Mine's a Wards 4.0 Cubic Inches PowrKraft...so a PL4

Nope. PL-5 or SL-11, 65cc.

Wards 3.6”, PL-4 type:

ad9e0c22eb4243543d400388cb84e98c.jpg

Latest posts

Back