• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell McCulloch SP81

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodslasher

Make McCulloch Great Again!
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Up for sale is a Mac SP81. I got this saw "locked up" from a member here, turned out that a busted recoil pulley was the culprit. I wound up replacing the pulley with a nos one and the flywheel is nos too as the taper on the old one was fubared. I don't think I did bearings on it since the old ones felt fine but I definitely did install new crank seals, a carb kit, and a fuel line/grommet. The saw runs good, oils good, and is a strong running saw. It is chipped at the moment but it will come with the original points, points box, and condenser, as well as an extra recoil screen and two extra clutch drums.

I have it set up with an 8 pin sprocket, a 32" 3/8 x .050 Cannon bar and a matching used Oregon full skip chisel chain.

The only structural defect with the saw is the cutouts in the clutch cover and inner bar plate. I believe they were deliberately made for a bow bar at one point, but I could be wrong. If I remember right the kill switch on this doesn't work and you have to choke it, but that might have been a different saw.

The saw is being sold with the bar and chain, I'd like to get $450 + the ride for everything but I'm open to offers.

IMG_6390.jpeg
IMG_6392.jpegIMG_6393.jpegIMG_6394.jpegIMG_6395.jpegIMG_6396.jpegIMG_6397.jpegIMG_6398.jpegIMG_6399.jpegIMG_6400.jpeg

Thanks! I know it's a fair price. I've been debating between buying this or sending my 850 to Mark for a rebuild. Or both....

Folks @JCB has been trolling me for quite awhile. It is sad that he has tried to derail @Woodslasher s thread because of some sick fixation he has on me. He is just here because I posted here. He follows me like a lost puppy. About two weeks ago he went on a bender and posted "loves" to about 70 of my posts. I see he posted about 6 more "loves" to my posts in the last 45 minutes. If you notice he has 109 posts. Here a few days ago when he was chasing me around and another fine member listed off a long string of those 109 and they were trolling posts aimed at me. I believe it was in @bulletpruf s thread selling a Stihl 064. Hell I did not even post in that thread but ole @JCB sure was going to town. Some folks need to get a hobby
I may have very few posts here but I've been sifting through the pages for a few years now and am well acquainted with his antics. I mean, if he has this much of a crush on you he should just say so.

Back to the 81, I'm not gunna jump on this one too soon because i want to get my 850 and 920 up and running first, but a tree service friend of mine has fallen in lust with my 10-10, so maybe I'll talk him into needing it's big brother.

why don't you 2 get GTF off this mans for sale thread. where are the mods on this forum? this should all be removed.
You need to use the report feature to help the mods find things like this report it and it will be dealt with. The mods cannot be everywhere all the time, there are hundreds of threads and posts going on here all the time, we just cannot read every post or thread on a given day or hour.

You need touse the report feature to help the mods find things like this report it and it will be dealt with. The mods cannot be everywhere all the time, there are hundreds of threads and posts going on here all the time, we just cannot read every post or thread on a given day or hour.
if it was my thread I would. was hoping they would both be nice guys and just leave. it appears that only one of them is.

if it was my thread I would. was hoping they would both be nice guys and just leave. it appears that only one of them is.
Report it anyway, if you like to see threads stay civil and on point, the mods cannot be everywhere and reading every post every minute. It takes all of us to keep this site clean and fit for all ages to read and post on.

Up for sale is a Mac SP81. I got this saw "locked up" from a member here, turned out that a busted recoil pulley was the culprit. I wound up replacing the pulley with a nos one and the flywheel is nos too as the taper on the old one was fubared. I don't think I did bearings on it since the old ones felt fine but I definitely did install new crank seals, a carb kit, and a fuel line/grommet. The saw runs good, oils good, and is a strong running saw. It is chipped at the moment but it will come with the original points, points box, and condenser, as well as an extra recoil screen and two extra clutch drums.

I have it set up with an 8 pin sprocket, a 32" 3/8 x .050 Cannon bar and a matching used Oregon full skip chisel chain.

The only structural defect with the saw is the cutouts in the clutch cover and inner bar plate. I believe they were deliberately made for a bow bar at one point, but I could be wrong. If I remember right the kill switch on this doesn't work and you have to choke it, but that might have been a different saw.

The saw is being sold with the bar and chain, I'd like to get $450 + the ride for everything but I'm open to offers.

View attachment 1154742
View attachment 1154733View attachment 1154734View attachment 1154735View attachment 1154736View attachment 1154737View attachment 1154738View attachment 1154739View attachment 1154740View attachment 1154741
Pretty fair deal IMO đź‘Ť

Latest posts

Back