Replacement Bar for Narrow Kerf 95VP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarleyScooter

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
What is the best replacement 18" bar for a Husky 350?, I like and want to continue to use the 95vp/20NT narrow kerf chains. The only replacement I can find so far are the Micro-Lite Pro Bar or the Arbor Pro Bar. I want to get a good bar. :confused:
Thanks

The only NK bars I know of are laminated bars.

I don't like them for day-in, day-out use, as I feel they don't hold up as long. I have a Jonsered 2149 that came with one, and the bearings in the nose crapped out within about 20 hrs of use (that can be the symptom of dirt, inadequate lube, or just bad luck, but they aren't repairable) I got two Husqvarna-branded replacements on Ebay for about $10, and I bent one right away. I've also seen a few laminated bars come apart...sometimes the spot welds let go.

Regular old solid bars aren't that much more expensive, and hold up far better. I doubt if the difference in power requirements is very much between the two...I didn't notice any diff in cutting speed on the Jonsered.

Harley, I suggest getting a GB Pro-Top bar for your 350. Even though its not a narrow kerf bar, it still works great! I have my own firewood business, run a husky 350 and 2 346's, all 3 saws have a GB bar with 95vp chain. Been running 2 years like this per Jeff Sikkema's recommendation, with no problems whatsoever. And the GB bars last a LONG time! I suggest contacting Jeff if you want one, www.snssawshop.com. Good luck!

The micro-lite pro bars are a suitable replacement. I've had good luck w/ them in terms of durability. Both arbor pro bars I had sucked and bent too easily.

I have run the ripping version of 95VP successfully on an Oregon Pro Lite .050" gauge. This micro lite requirement stuff is BS I think even though Oregon says that's the way they perform best.

Back