restaurant suppliers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonardo

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
have been approached by a restaurant to supply a cord of split hickory per month. any tips, info or caveats i should be aware of before talking to the manager? thanks for your help.

I would get a Letter of Agreement spelling out the terms. Things to think about include:

* Price
* Duration
* Length
* Diameter
* Payment
* Dumped or stacked?
* Termination (notice?)

Restaurants can be steady streams of income. Just be sure you have quality dry wood. If you are in the business of selling, I would have them put up a sign stating you are the supplier which could lead to other sales.

PAGING...STLfirewood
PAGING...STLfirewood
Please report to this thread.....:D

I do not sell to restaurants..yet..but I would expect a couple of things.

Plan on handling it by yourself, as they are busy slinging chow.

Bring your best product. Word will travel fast if you have a good product, twice as fast if it is bad.

Be professional, look professional. You are doing business with a business not Bob and Sue down the road.

Best of luck..:cheers:

Last edited:
i supply a local bbq resturant with hickory. just make sure your product is dry, and like said, find out the dimensions of wood that they need to cook with. it is a good steady source of income.

I own a Restaurant, but I use wood for heat not cooking.

have been approached by a restaurant to supply a cord of split hickory per month. any tips, info or caveats i should be aware of before talking to the manager? thanks for your help.

See if you can negotiate a free meal with every haul.....ifin' the food is good.

I only do restaurants that can stock enough wood to last them through the really cold months. Delivering wood in the middle of January is not for me. Been there done that. Restaurants can be a good source of steady income but they are usually very specific about size/moisture content/species. They will also want receipts for every sale. Make sure you deal only with the decision maker. Do not extend payment terms. Restaurants are notorious for stiffing suppliers and are accustomed to new suppliers wanting to get paid on delivery. You will be supplying them with a specialty product. Make sure you price it accordingly.

I only do restaurants that can stock enough wood to last them through the really cold months. Delivering wood in the middle of January is not for me. Been there done that. Restaurants can be a good source of steady income but they are usually very specific about size/moisture content/species. They will also want receipts for every sale. Make sure you deal only with the decision maker. Do not extend payment terms. Restaurants are notorious for stiffing suppliers and are accustomed to new suppliers wanting to get paid on delivery. You will be supplying them with a specialty product. Make sure you price it accordingly.

definitely receipts, I usually pay cash. Saves the hassle of banking it.

Back