Restoration update PNW 056 AV Super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OREGONLOGGER

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Santa left a set of OEM 54mm rings, OEM cylinder gasket and a sweet OEM kill switch which is the longer verson with black rubber coating for this 056 AV Super. After setting the gasket the rings went in easy with some STIHL HP oil lubed on the cylinder walls and bolted it down. Complete kill switch wire has been replaced beyond rubber gromit with marine grade fuel freindly ground wire. All new filters air and gas, new OEM Tilltoson carb kit. Ignition module is fine as the coil as testing it shocked me worse than a lawn mower as this saw has super spark. Bout sucked my thumb in the cylinder when pull'n it over very easy.. a spark plug blister:) Everthing has 6-8 coats of STIHL orange and STIHL white/grey. Orange had to be sent from UK. Last is to install a new spark plug wire to complete all wires, rings, filters,switches and paint. 10 feet of snow here a good time for chainsaw projects.

I can hit a golf ball to Chemult I'm that close..Yep 10 miles from the Cascades Lakes plenty of trees here:)

I gotcha...I work just down the road from you then in the summer in K. Falls.

Yeah the 056 is an attractive saw once it's all fixed up and painted nice. Those log cutters from back then showed them no love.

I gotcha...I work just down the road from you then in the summer in K. Falls.

Yeah the 056 is an attractive saw once it's all fixed up and painted nice. Those log cutters from back then showed them no love.

Nice to hear your local I'm 10 minutes from Sunriver resort but my ranch is in the National Forest close to Mt Bachelor and 50 minutes to Bend. Lots of big saws here as it logger ally they say. Most of my logger buddys live in La Pine Cresent and Gilcrest.

I restored a nice 056 Mag II and sold it like a dummy. Really didn't need anything but new buffers, some paint, and the front part of the muffler.Never used for any serious work near as I could tell. That's the only saw I regret selling because it is so hard to replace.

Sorry fellas I will post some pic's when I come home from the office as I have tried before several times as error is stated of file is too large and my ole rusty computer at home is not as updated as some of the one here.

If ya want feel free to email me the photos, and I can get them up here for you.

Sorry fellas I will post some pic's when I come home from the office as I have tried before several times as error is stated of file is too large and my ole rusty computer at home is not as updated as some of the one here.

They only need to be resized. I resize all my photos to 800 X 600 pixels. Works jus' dandy. :)

Gary

If ya want feel free to email me the photos, and I can get them up here for you.
Thanks many parrisw that's mighty nice of you hope it doesn't take much time for you. Now emailing I can do very easy on my end. Not sure where to look for your email here as I can have some sent in the next hour or so. Very nice of ya so all the fellas can see this complete restoration.

-Terry

Thanks many parrisw that's mighty nice of you hope it doesn't take much time for you. Now emailing I can do very easy on my end. Not sure where to look for your email here as I can have some sent in the next hour or so. Very nice of ya so all the fellas can see this complete restoration.

-Terry

I'll PM you my email.

Here are a couple of pics that the OP sent me.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice work

Compliments on the build...

That thing is shiny and oh so sweet!

Hope your wood stove is cranking down there and happy new years!

Compliments on the build...

That thing is shiny and oh so sweet!

Hope your wood stove is cranking down there and happy new years!
Many Thanks Saucy!!. Took many hours of sanding and removing gunk but not that much bucks in her as most cost was for shipping parts. Yeh 8 coats on orange and 6 on white/grey but back to gem mint as close as I could get it. Happy New Year to you also and I'll be pull'n for the Seahawks Sunday...Go Ducks!!

Back