Restoring old saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I'm new to the site and know these questions have probably been asked. I'll start doing some searches, but here are my questions. I have 2 Homelite 1050's my dad bought new. In the last year both have died. One is not getting spark, should be easy, the other has gas flowing past the cylinder on compression. Can I rebuild these 2 saws with out costing more than a new saw. I really don't need them, but when a big saw is needed they are great. The other thing is I like to chase other people away when you crank one up. I have a 24 in bar on one and the other has a bigger bar, somewhere between 3 and 4 ft.

Also, I have an old Diston with the Mercury 2 cylinder. I hate to get rid of it because it's such a conersation piece. Some body at work will brag about the big 24 inch chain saw they just bought and I'll through it in the back of the truck and say "Big, you call that Big!" Would I have to mortage the farm to restore it? Thanks, Joe.

I think the Homies would be good saws to hold onto since they were your fathers. I think that they are a collectable saw also. Your other Disiton(?)saw shouldn't cost alot to restore....I think several people on here have restored them. Steve p.s. welcome to the site!!!!:cheers:

Latest posts

Back