Resurrecting a husqvarna 2100cd

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backwoodsman42

Chainsaw enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been rebuilding this saw from the ground up for the last six months. I've replaced crank bearings and seals. Did a base gasket delete. Squish is 28 thousandths. Polished the exhaust port and port matched the gasket and muffler. The intake got port matched as well. Replaced the fuel line as well. Just waiting for the gasket maker to cure to fire this bad boy up tomorrow.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
They are getting hard to find parts for. I couldn't find rings for mine. I can replace my two thin ring piston with a single ring version but it had 150lbs compression before I tore it apart. So I didn't freshen it up.

This one is 33", my other is 36". Guys used to like the 36 for falling. I like the 33 best all around. My other 2100 has a 36 also in 404. It handles just a touch heavy to the bar tip. The 33 is just a touch heavy to the powerhead.

IMG_0737.JPG

This mill nets me 34" max cut width with the 36" bar and my falling dog removed. If your 42" bar measures 42" max cut that Granburg will likely net around 38" max cut width. My mill is built for max distance between T bars, plus my bar actually measures 37". Also, running the forward bar right on the nose sprocket rivets is gaining lots of width.

I'm running 404 on this one too. Bar and chain temps are way down over the 3/8 I was running previously.

Aluminum mill will help you lots too. I get more vibration in my mill than I do in my left hand on the powerhead with the steel mill and the 7th mount and dog removed.

I need a mill setup. My uncle said I can borrow his but it's 32". I have a trunk of hard maple that is all of 42" across. He sid I can use his 42" bar with .404 setup to mill but his mill is too small for that size. Maybe I can buy some metal stock the lengthen the mill...

Nice setup. My 298 has a 36" bar with semi skip square ground chain (3/8) and it pulls like no one's business.

My mill is aluminum. It's a grandberg. I haven't milled with the 2100 yet. I've used my husky 181se and a 441Stihl. Both with 28" bars. The 441 doesn't hurt my hands but the 181 does. I was considering a remote throttle already but now I am thinking it's a necessity for any extended milling sessions.

I ran one for a while. Was darn heavy though. Same reason I got rid if a Still 660

yeah they are heavy but there is no replacement for displacement when you need to cut something really big. I guess you could buy a double ended bar and run two 372's and have 144cc's when milling. :chainsaw::rock2:

Latest posts

Back