Return of the Homelite SEZAuto

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

computeruser

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I bought this Homelite Super EZ-Auto last fall from Sedanman to give to a dead-broke family that heated with entirely with wood, had both husband and wife out of work, and had broken their one-and-only chainsaw.

Well, I guess their fortunes improved because a couple months later they were able to get their saw fixed and they returned this one to me. The Homelite still ran great when it was returned but while it was away the bar had been bent. So the saw sat on my shelf until today when its new bar arrived.

The saw is looking better already; all it needs now is a set of felling dogs. It is one gutsy little saw - I may actually use it!

Clean_SuperEZ_Auto_3Small.jpg

Clean_SuperEZ_Auto_5Small.jpg

Clean_SuperEZ_Auto_8Small.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, looks good I found one a while back with a broken clutch have never run it though, haven't found a clutch. You ever consider making a set of dogs? I made a cover side one for my 365 husky that works great! I used eigth inch sheet metal traced another dog and ground away till it lined up with the mounting holes!

I have a Super EZ Auto that needs a new sprocket and chain. Bailey's has the Timber Champ combo but its .325 x .058. I think the origional is 3/8 x .50
What do you have on your saw? Does anyone know if you can get a .325 sprocket and where? Would you guys go with the .325 or just put a new chain and sprocket back on with the hard tip bar?

The gas and oil cap are also leaking. Seems like it leaks some out the vents. I might can find a new o-ring for the oil cap but does anyone know a fix for the gas cap?

The Super EZ was one of the last greart saws Homelite ever produced that and the XL12. There still a bunch of them that are still throwing chips today. Even with my more modern saws I have, I still fire my EZ up and use it. Its never let me down yet.

Drive_1305 said:
I have a Super EZ Auto that needs a new sprocket and chain. Bailey's has the Timber Champ combo but its .325 x .058. I think the origional is 3/8 x .50
What do you have on your saw? Does anyone know if you can get a .325 sprocket and where? Would you guys go with the .325 or just put a new chain and sprocket back on with the hard tip bar?

Mine had a new .325 sprocket installed before I got it and it is running the $16.95 b/c combo you mention. I'm sure Baileys can set you up with the correct sprocket - give them a call or post the question in their sponsored forum.

I think that converting to .325 is the way to go with these saws. Sharp .325 round chisel chain will allow this little saw does a very respectable job on hardwood up to 12" and still hang in there in the bigger stuff, too. The ones I've seen running regular 3/8 seem to labor a lot harder to get the same job done.

Grease monkey said:
Hey, looks good I found one a while back with a broken clutch have never run it though, haven't found a clutch. You ever consider making a set of dogs? I made a cover side one for my 365 husky that works great! I used eigth inch sheet metal traced another dog and ground away till it lined up with the mounting holes!

Gmonkey, you have a pm .

Latest posts

Back