Returned the 5100, brought home a 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. I live in Asheville.

Have you called any of these guys?

DOLMAR dealer in your area

Your search produced 5 results.
You can select either an entry directly from the list or a logo on the map.
Distance Name Address
MOUNTAIN VARIETY & HARDWARE
11 mi
NCA-28730 FAIRVIEW
807 HWY 74 FAIRVIEW

Rent All Inc
20 mi
USA-28739 Hendersonville
1225 7th Ave East

BLUE RIDGE HARDWARE
26 mi
NCA-28714 BURNSVILLE
201 WEST MAIN STREET

4-RENT INC
27 mi
NCA-28712 BREVARD
250 BROAD STREET

BALSAM RENTAL & POWER EQUIPMENT
27 mi
NCA-28786 WAYNEVILLE
1639 BROWN AVE

Print

end-user terms

Last edited:
+1 Great saw very under rated because the paper numbers don't look so good. But since we are talking about actually using the saw you will like it!

I'd say highly overrated, because it responds well to mods (that most real people don't do).

Compared to the 5100, it weights a lot more (more than the specs tell you), has an outboard clutch, lesser quality cylinder, and hardly more power for the extra weight, not even low end torque.......:censored: :rolleyes:

I certainly don't want a 359, but the 5100 is great!

Last edited:
Have you called any of these guys?

MOUNTAIN VARIETY & HARDWARE 11 mi

NCA-28730 FAIRVIEW
807 HWY 74 FAIRVIEW

Rent All Inc 20 mi

USA-28739 Hendersonville
1225 7th Ave East

BLUE RIDGE HARDWARE 26 mi

NCA-28714 BURNSVILLE
201 WEST MAIN STREET

4-RENT INC 27 mi

NCA-28712 BREVARD
250 BROAD STREET

BALSAM RENTAL & POWER EQUIPMENT 27 mi

NCA-28786 WAYNEVILLE
1639 BROWN AVE

Yep. I called them all and visited two this time around. Mountain Variety is the guy that ordered the 5100 for me, still no word in over a month, and I've called out there probably five times.

The Hendersonville place doesn't sell, only rents.

Blue Ridge Hardware is where I bought, they said they were dropping the line and that the demo saw was the last they'd get.

Balsam R & P out in Waynesville is a good dealer, but the guy on the phone said that they didn't sell 'em, they only serviced them.

I didn't call the Brevard place as I assumed they'd be rent-only like the H'ville place.

Where are you in NC?

Laurinburg, about 45 minutes from Amicks. There are several Dolmar dealers that surf this place. If I didn't feel like the Amick's drive, a saw or parts is a phone call away. Sorry to hear those guys have turned you off of Dolmar. Dolmar is about the only other brand I would run....

Sounds like the regional sales rep for that area needs to be replaced!! If he was working for a commission I'm sure there would be allot better coverage in that area.

To bad, and in the end it's the customer that is on short end of the stick

Not great by any means, only fair - unless you mod it - sorry! :greenchainsaw:

I disagree slightly. I liked the saw fine before it was modded. The only thing that I didn't like was that it had no tolerance for being over choked. Once I learned to start it, the saw was fun to use. After modding it's alot of fun.

I disagree slightly. I liked the saw fine before it was modded. The only thing that I didn't like was that it had no tolerance for being over choked. Once I learned to start it, the saw was fun to use. After modding it's alot of fun.

Damn...........Trimmmed I was starting to wonder if you were still around......:cheers: :cheers:

Laurinburg, about 45 minutes from Amicks. There are several Dolmar dealers that surf this place. If I didn't feel like the Amick's drive, a saw or parts is a phone call away. Sorry to hear those guys have turned you off of Dolmar. Dolmar is about the only other brand I would run....

Yeah. I thought about driving down to Amick's, stopping in Lexington for some Q, getting a saw, but decided against it as gas is getting far to expensive. I was frustrated by the Dolmar stuff, but I trust I'll like the saw.

Not great by any means, only fair - unless you mod it - sorry! :greenchainsaw:

For the price its a great little firewood saw. For a guy going out and cutting 5 cords a year nothing wrong with it for your first saw. You could do alot worse. Then down the road if he wants to have something stronger. He could mod it and get a whole lot more out of it. 359 come alive when modded. IMO

For the price its a great little firewood saw. For a guy going out and cutting 5 cords a year nothing wrong with it for your first saw. You could do alot worse. Then down the road if he wants to have something stronger. He could mod it and get a whole lot more out of it. 359 come alive when modded. IMO

Yes, but the 5100S sure is a better option, and it should be pretty easy to get parts from some of the sponsors here, if the local dealer isn't up to it (or don't exist).

Yes, but the 5100S sure is a better option, and it should be pretty easy to get parts from some of the sponsors here, if the local dealer isn't up to it (or don't exist).

I agree with ya, but I think he said he didn't want to work on the saw. So its best he has a dealer that will work on the saw for him.

yep, agree. I have a Stihl/Husky dealer about 4 miles down the road and no Dolmar with in 2 hours, but I continue to use them because I like them. That and the three I own have never failed me. Two (the si's) are 20 yrs old and the other 10 yrs old or better. I've only ever done routine maint (plugs filters, pull ropes). :greenchainsaw:

You can mod that 359 like Timberwolf's race saw that they auctioned off.
:chainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

the dolmar dealers around me are not really dealers either. the one i talked to said no problem getting parts or saws(2 days) but he didnt stock either.

sounds like the ones you talked to wanted to stay away from dolmar and steer you to another product(it worked). sounds like they may not have ordered parts in years and still remeber the old ways.

Back