Revolution wheel- new river equipment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those don't look like green teeth. What Carlton do you run. I have heard good things about them

There great we just didn't stick with them because of dealer support. Those are green teeth on the 2450in the grinding pictures, tomahawks came on it. When we wanted a new Carlton we had to go half way to pick it up. I figured a 50+k grinder delivered should be in that price. Bandit of Ohio does the disk from the factory on stuff over 40-50hp now.

Last edited:
Chip containment screen works wonders. Just saying, you could have cut your clean up time by two thirds = more profit.

Ya I've thought about it just forget to pick up that stein version, I liked how you didn't have to stick that one in the ground, there's gas it's own feet.

Is that wheel just for big machines or does it work on small grinders too? I switched over to the multitip wheel on my 25 horse (now 30) carlton last year and it cuts like a champ. I can't believe some of the teeth that still come stock on grinders when there are much better things out there.

If your machine can use the full cutting depth of the teeth you have now yes. If your only taking a 1/4 off a pass then no. It uses the side teeth to gain more depth per pass. I don't think my 2450 can use it to its potential. It's faster but not like it is on the Carlton. Big HP difference tho when the disk is spinning on the Carlton you can see through the disk where the last tooth back is. That's how big of a bite it will take. But it bigs the hurricane a on oak and other hard woods. I mostly see them on 80+ HP machines when they are demoing them.

There great we just didn't stick with them because of dealer support. Those are green teeth on the 2450in the grinding pictures, tomahawks came on it. When we wanted a new Carlton we had to go half way to pick it up. I figured a 50+k grinder delivered should be in that price. Bandit of Ohio does the disk from the factory on stuff over 40-50hp now.

We bought a hurricane off the tree trader a few years ago its 140hp john deere .We traded a junk d-86 in on it, stay away from the morbark grinders design flaws all over. Killer used prices on them for a reason.

Chip containment screen works wonders. Just saying, you could have cut your clean up time by two thirds = more profit.

Now that you mention it, that is a huge mess! Keep hearing everybody say how bad the greenteeth throw chips but I've never seen anybody run them before. Guess I'm still in the dark ages with my little 1625 and standard teeth.

If your machine can use the full cutting depth of the teeth you have now yes. If your only taking a 1/4 off a pass then no. It uses the side teeth to gain more depth per pass. I don't think my 2450 can use it to its potential. It's faster but not like it is on the Carlton. Big HP difference tho when the disk is spinning on the Carlton you can see through the disk where the last tooth back is. That's how big of a bite it will take. But it bigs the hurricane a on oak and other hard woods. I mostly see them on 80+ HP machines when they are demoing them.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. The multitip wheel was a vast improvement from the stock carlton cutters I had on there.

As far as chip cleanup goes, this is what we use, moving a pile of chips takes no time.

STIHL KW-KM STIHL PowerSweep

Yeah that's what I was thinking. The multitip wheel was a vast improvement from the stock carlton cutters I had on there.

As far as chip cleanup goes, this is what we use, moving a pile of chips takes no time.

I know that effin thing is great, I use it for all kinds of stuff. wish i would have bought one years and years ago. Always steered away saying I'm not giving three hundred for that rubber piece of crap. Now id pay double, it flicks the stuff out of the grass a rake wont even get.

Since i have my original disk once the svandisk is shot i might just throw the green back on. Just a lot easier for me to change i have all the sockets in every truck already with impact guns. 60tx like marquis has would probably do pretty good with it. Marquis how come you guys never got any of the bigger grinders, with all the other equipment wondering why you went on the smaller end of the diesel grinders. Carlton makes some monsters that would probably really cut your grinding time down.

Since i have my original disk once the svandisk is shot i might just throw the green back on. Just a lot easier for me to change i have all the sockets in every truck already with impact guns. 60tx like marquis has would probably do pretty good with it. Marquis how come you guys never got any of the bigger grinders, with all the other equipment wondering why you went on the smaller end of the diesel grinders. Carlton makes some monsters that would probably really cut your grinding time down.

Matt,
A grinder upgrade has been on the list for a few years. We tried three vermeers but they all had electrical issues in the first day of each demo.
Tried a morbark...they aren't even in the game yet.

Really liked the 86hp and the 110 HP bandit just really wish you were not stuck with a perkerpillar, it would be great to get one with a JD.

I haven't seen many carltons around here, I will have to demo a few before we decide. As far a really big machine we need a grinder that can still fit thru gates

Its a very nice little machine. The hydro over belts is great. It in my mind is way way more productive than a 252. The disk doesn't stall very often.

We have taken out huge stumps with it, it just takes it a little while a 30" stump is gonna take it a little while when you start getting into 50 or 60" your talking hours of operation. But i think its almost twice as fast as a 252 I've had two of them in the past. It has adjustable swing speed which helps out greatly and seems to automatically slow itself down in the cut the more strain that is put on the motor. I had no intentions of getting it when they wanted to demo it. I was never impressed with a machine that small but it is sweet for what we use it for. Taking a 5k+ pound carlton out to get a 12" stump is just stupid. The small bandit and the 2450 both fit in the back of my pickup with the outside wheels off, I don't trailer them anymore. I bought an old ford f250 that should be getting a flat bed put on it soon for hauling my stumpers around. Im trying to do away with trailers.

The 2450 does so good id like to sell the carlton as we only use it for land clearing where we have to do a few hundred stumps but its just not that often machine sits a lot. Im not as sold on carlton as i was before i had one. Customer support and dealer support needs major gains, Only reason i bought bandits is the closest carlton dealer is like 7 hours, there best answer to this was take it to a local guy? I wouldn't like a local guy working on a 60k grinder thats use to fixing lawn mowers. Bandit picks my stuff up and brings it back if there is a problem.

Southeastern Equipment is a Carlton dealer, you're probably two hours from their headquarters in Cambridge and they have numerous dealers in Ohio.

Southeastern Equipment is a Carlton dealer, you're probably two hours from their headquarters in Cambridge and they have numerous dealers in Ohio.

Marshal from JP Carlton never mentioned that when I called them a few months ago. Even if that's the case bandits is fixing it at our shop or towing it back to there's.

Matt,
A grinder upgrade has been on the list for a few years. We tried three vermeers but they all had electrical issues in the first day of each demo.

Really liked the 86hp and the 110 HP bandit just really wish you were not stuck with a perkerpillar, it would be great to get one with a JD.

I haven't seen many carltons around here, I will have to demo a few before we decide. As far a really big machine we need a grinder that can still fit thru gates

Good luck on the demo I tried with no luck. They are bad ass machines, just need to put more into making it convenient to demo or buy.

I wouldn't shake a stick at The bigger vermeers or morbark either. Carlton or bandit is the only two that Wont fall apart.

The guy that sells me my bandit stuff is really dedicated. Jim at bandit of Ohio he can probably set you up with a demo of a 2900. Don't get the tire model poor power when driving through chip piles or trying to climb a curb. It will hit a point on steep enough terrain that it just can't turn the tires. The track model had plenty of power.

A 60tx seems like it would slow u guys down you'll get the added money back out of the grinder in the first year just in labor. I know how many trees we remove on average per year so I'm guessing u guys do quite a few more with the added crews. Even having the Carlton I still sub some huge stumps out on the summer. No point in paying my guys to grind when they could be removing in the super busy season.

Last edited:
Matt,

You said you knew a good guy at altec? I'm interested in another rear mount if you want to send me the contact info. I have no real ties to Terex, I ran aerial of Connecticut the most. All Bartlett would buy for some reason.

Ya I've thought about it just forget to pick up that stein version, I liked how you didn't have to stick that one in the ground, there's gas it's own feet.
I built mine to the same dimensions as the stein setup but made it out of black pipe I got for free and the only things I had to buy are the hinges and the screen tarp (Northern Tool) and zip ties. I think the whole thing cost me around $45.
Now that you mention it, that is a huge mess! Keep hearing everybody say how bad the greenteeth throw chips but I've never seen anybody run them before. Guess I'm still in the dark ages with my little 1625 and standard teeth.
I think any teeth will throw chips a good distance. I just like to keep it a small area.

Its actually not the grinding performance of the tx60 that is the issue. Its uses its 60 HP very efficiently. It just destroys itself.

I knew you would like that revolution wheel.

As far as a carlton that can fit in a backayard. we just picked up a new carlton with wireless remote and 66hp Kubota. A little bit of increased power over our 60hp duetz 7015 we just sold.

I bought my grinder from a company in mass, Shelter Tree. As far parts they can be shipped next day. As for service, we have a full time mechanic on staff. Ive only replaced one hydro motor and belts and bearings and ive owned a carlton since 2006. Also owned vermeer, rayco, but carlton makes the best built high hp backyard machine. Id love to buy a bandit grinder since that we we run for chippers, but they arent in the stump grinder game long enough to work out the kinks. The Model 2890XP is nice when it works.

You guys have problems with the drive shaft or motor mounts?
Gearboxes
Clutches
Driveshafts
Clutch actuators
Couple motors
U joints..

We have blown thru a very impressive list of parts on two machines that have a combined total of around 3500 hrs...

Latest posts

Back