Rigging Videos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suprherosndwch

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
THE ART AND SCIENCE OF PRACTICAL RIGGING from wesspur or the ADVANCED RIGGING FOR REMOVAL VIDEOS from TCIA. Would anybody recomend either of these videos, and if so, which is better.

Sorry, I can't comment on the videos but I did buy the book "THE ART AND SCIENCE OF PRACTICAL RIGGING". Great book with lots of info.

Our class uses the ISA video set for training. I have been doing tree work for 28 years and I use it. I know a lot of us can get by without most of this technology but why should we if for a few $$ we can save time, money, not to mention make this job safer. Those videos should be a right-off for TAX's

I would .

THE ART AND SCIENCE OF PRACTICAL RIGGING from wesspur or the ADVANCED RIGGING FOR REMOVAL VIDEOS from TCIA. Would anybody recomend either of these videos, and if so, which is better.

These are excellent video sets . I borrowed them from the library and found them to be excellent sources of applicable information for tree work . As to which set , that would depend how technical and advanced you are and how much gear you have . A and S of P R is great for learning the skills required for straight forward tree work . Be advised there is no climbing skills included in videos . Check your library resources first , even if it's brought in from another city in your state as they do up here in BC . Shame to spend all that money if you don't have to . I've heard some people make copies of these videos .Cough , choke ,sputter ........

These videos are good if you're bringing a guy in from the ground. If you're an experienced rigger who've followed the I.S.A. over the years, these videos will not do much good. I'd pick the ASPR videos. However, to my knowledge, it was Don Blair of the TCIA videos who started the rigging revolution. If training from the ground, the info in these videos won't be wasted.

Joe

Back