Rim sprocket for Echo cs 352

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After installing the Rim drive on my Echo cs590 today I ordered the Rim Drive for my cs 352 a few minutes ago. About 25 bucks total. I'm excited to see how it works out. Total for both saws about 55 bucks. A LOT less than Echo parts. Now IF they hold up well I will have won. Of course it's a bet. Almost every part of life is a bed. When I drop a tree I'm betting. Dropped badly, ouch, life or money can be lost. Perfect lay. Joy and pride. I know im not the ONLY one of me.

Found this today for sale on line sold by "The big river in south America "Store". With the 352 going away someone phoned me yesterday trying to buy my cs352. I could sell it but I'm not sure I'd like the cs 3510 and the one I looked at has a Spur gear. I think my 352 is great and it's set up and tuned just the way I like it.. THE only thing they could have done better is a metal chain catcher. I broke my side plate the FIRST time the chain dropped. Super Glue, hot weld nad fixed it better than new.. Bought TWO side plates for just under 15 bucks while I could get them. I'm still unimpressed with my dealers response. The saw was less than or near a month old at the time.. But,, I sent my friend to them to see IF he could get a cs352. I don't hate but I don't forget. Smart animals remember where the traps are dumb fish get caught over and over again. BUT.. IF he's the only guy who has what I, or one of my friends need. I'll buy or recommend him and hold my nose until I get out of his sight. I was told a man can kiss a snake on top of the head as long as he knows how to properly to hold it's head. If I get what I want and need, I just might kiss that snake rather than do without.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231021-200809~2.png
    Screenshot_20231021-200809~2.png
    216.7 KB · Views: 1
Found this today for sale on line sold by "The big river in south America "Store". With the 352 going away someone phoned me yesterday trying to buy my cs352. I could sell it but I'm not sure I'd like the cs 3510 and the one I looked at has a Spur gear. I think my 352 is great and it's set up and tuned just the way I like it.. THE only thing they could have done better is a metal chain catcher. I broke my side plate the FIRST time the chain dropped. Super Glue, hot weld nad fixed it better than new.. Bought TWO side plates for just under 15 bucks while I could get them. I'm still unimpressed with my dealers response. The saw was less than or near a month old at the time.. But,, I sent my friend to them to see IF he could get a cs352. I don't hate but I don't forget. Smart animals remember where the traps are dumb fish get caught over and over again. BUT.. IF he's the only guy who has what I, or one of my friends need. I'll buy or recommend him and hold my nose until I get out of his sight. I was told a man can kiss a snake on top of the head as long as he knows how to properly to hold it's head. If I get what I want and need, I just might kiss that snake rather than do without.
btw, I have an almost new 352 for sale here locally in southern oregon for 165.

I remember you had another thread where you debated the 352 vs the 3510. I can't remember if you handled or ran the 3510. These new gen designs have several updated features, like full spring anti-vibe on both handles. My older small Echo's have rubber AV in the rear and nothing in the front. Does it make a big difference in a small saw? I'm not sure. Some of the other new features I am less impressed with but maybe they will grow on me: different choke switch (feels cheap), totally different kill switch (I am used to the old style), clear fuel tank (the jury is still out), spring clip retained top cover (I don't like it), strato engines (not sure what to think).
My personal opinion is that the new designs are not an upgrade.
Glad to hear you like the rim drive conversion. Was this the Archer brand or something else?

I remember you had another thread where you debated the 352 vs the 3510. I can't remember if you handled or ran the 3510. These new gen designs have several updated features, like full spring anti-vibe on both handles. My older small Echo's have rubber AV in the rear and nothing in the front. Does it make a big difference in a small saw? I'm not sure. Some of the other new features I am less impressed with but maybe they will grow on me: different choke switch (feels cheap), totally different kill switch (I am used to the old style), clear fuel tank (the jury is still out), spring clip retained top cover (I don't like it), strato engines (not sure what to think).
My personal opinion is that the new designs are not an upgrade.
Glad to hear you like the rim drive conversion. Was this the Archer brand or something else?
I currently have both saws, selling the 352, keeping the 3510

I would be interested in hearing what the differences are.
I think the 3510 is a little lighter, slightly more power , and seems to have really crisp throttle response. The one thing I don’t love is that I have not been able to figure out how to get a rim sprocket set I like the killlswitch

Latest posts

Back