Ripping chain problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Aggie whats the tree in the background behind you mate.

Water oak, Q. nigra- a variety of red oak.

Interesting tidbit- I just learned there's one in Louisiana that's 278" in circumfrence! Assuming it's perfectly circular that's 88" in dia! I need to get a longer bar!:D

Hi Aggie I here river redgum grows over there {Euc Camaldulensis}is that native over there? Me and a couple of mates planted about 2000 wa karri (Euc Diversicolor} at my place about 8 years ago Some are about 40ft high now,another ten years should be big enough for me,they grow to 90m high.Got some cypress tree seedlings growwing at the moment.

No eucs that I know of here. Another member posted some pics of red gum here a while back. Nice looking stuff.

Nice looking wood looks a lot like cypress

Water oak, Q. nigra- a variety of red oak.

Interesting tidbit- I just learned there's one in Louisiana that's 278" in circumfrence! Assuming it's perfectly circular that's 88" in dia! I need to get a longer bar!:D

Nice looking wood looks a lot like cypress.I was just havin alook at a map of America mate,I got a set of dixie logging tongs from Louisiana,are you close to the border? .what sort of setup do you use to rip your logs,apart from your chainsaws?

Louisiana is about a 2 1/2 hour drive from here. Not far by Texas standards.

I checked out where you're at too. When I was there we pretty much stayed on the east coast. We flew into Sidney, drove down to Canberra, then all the way back up to Cairns. We did venture far enough west to visit a large cattle station for a few days. I'd love to make it back some day.

You can get a good look at my slabbing mill here...

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=48068

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back