ripsaw on ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too, just curious what you are trying to accomplish.

My wife's friend has an uncle with the perfect trailer...for me. It's fairly light, has 2500+ lb capacity, 5x8...trouble is he won't sell it, and I don't have the money if he did. He thinks it's perfect too.

Mark

oldsaw said:
My wife's friend has an uncle with the perfect trailer...for me. It's fairly light, has 2500+ lb capacity, 5x8...trouble is he won't sell it, and I don't have the money if he did. He thinks it's perfect too.

Mark

Just get him to help you when you need to haul something! Then you don't have to store the trailer when you aren't using it.:D

Well... if I were in the market for one, I would like to see a pic or two of the actual mill I was bidding on. The person and pics in that link are actually me, and MY Ripsaw, and no I am not selling mine. He/she must have grabbed the pics off of the ripsaw website. (I sent those good folks down in Georgia a disc of milling pics and told them they could use any they wanted on their site, and they did). Also keep in mind that you COULD power it with an MS260, but unless you only were milling small dia pine, it would go a little slow for bigger stuff. A 60cc saw is just about right, and has plenty of power for even the maximum 14 inch wide planks. So you might have to buy another spur sprocket, but we are only talking $8-10.

IF it is in "excellent condition" like they say, and if it was indeed only used to build one cabin, then for less than a grand, it's a good deal.

Starting price is to much to not have an actual picture of what hes selling, IMO.

I still have a line (I hope) on a good used one from a member here. Just have to wait for Uncle Sam to give me my money back.

aquan8tor said:
Trying to get my logs to C'ville; easier to deal with if I can just sticker it right in to the shed. Also, Uhaul doesn't seem to keep 12' utility trailers around. A couple logs are over 10'.

You could always leave the tailgate on the trailer down and load them over the front edge of the trailer if you dont want to cut them to fit the trailer. I have on numerous occasions had logs hanging over the front and back of my trailer.

aquan8tor said:
Trying to get my logs to C'ville; easier to deal with if I can just sticker it right in to the shed. Also, Uhaul doesn't seem to keep 12' utility trailers around. A couple logs are over 10'.

Well, if I had a trailer I would let you use it. I can check around the U-hauls here, but with gas it would be rather expensive. I figure it would cost at least $40-50 in gas round trip. Let me know if you want me to check though.

Pictures

I asked the seller about some close up pictures of the unit and he has said that he is out of town and will post them tomorrow.

Sure is the wrong time of year as my funds are low with christmas but there is always plastic if it turns out to be a good deal!

I may jump on that. Says shipping would be $6.15 to me...from VT to PA...this is one time I think shipping on an ebay item isn't enough! Does that seem odd to anyone else?

He does say the following in the ad: Shipping will be figured by zip after sale. I have no idea where the $6.15 comes from. He lives in the same town I do - I should look him up!

Those extra 7 blades alone are worth over a hundred bucks. Nobody is bidding yet, which means there might be a pretty hectic feeding frenzy in the last few minutes. Could get interesting. At this point it's a thousand bucks cheaper than a new one. Heck if I knew I could get it that cheap I'd buy it right now at that price right on the spot no hesitation, just to have as a backup. Keep in mind shipping something that heavy across the country could get expensive. The Ripsaw itself weighs 45 lbs, but with the guide bars and brackets etc, total shipping weight including boxes etc will be in the 70-80 lb range I figure.

VT-Woodchuck said:
He does say the following in the ad: Shipping will be figured by zip after sale. I have no idea where the $6.15 comes from. He lives in the same town I do - I should look him up!

you should totally look him up. I'd guess shipping would be close to if not over $100 for most of us around the country. When I got mine, I drove to pick it up. It was worth the short 3 hour drive. mine included the powerhead, so would've been well over 100lbs w/3 guide beams & a bunch of used bands.

Woodshop; have you had any luck resetting the teeth? Seems like as they are sharpened, they lose the set. I know there was a thread about this sometime back, but I wanted to ask someone with lots of run-time. I saw a hand-setter for $80.00 from Hudson Forest equipment. Anyone used it?? It's a non-adjustable one that sets every third tooth?...
just wanted to hear other people's experiences with them. $20 a band is a lot if you can only sharpen it once.(I'm back in school again, so I'm poor right now....).

Back