Robert Andrews Wins at Darby

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
Rotax wins at Darby
Hot off the heels of winning the over 6 cube modified class at Clearwater, Robert followed up by blowing away the competition in Darby, Montana with his full race 3120 KD with Art Martin chain. His 4.54 second single, hot start cut through a 24" Larch blew away the 5.38 of the second place 3120 contender and a low 6 second third place with an 084, in a field of 8 or 9 saws. Excellent work as usual by Robert, Ken and Art.
Pal,
John

Hey Gypo, I saw one of those old saws a couple of weeks ago at our county fair. First time I ever seen one. Pretty neat.

Hey Gypo, we won $200 U.S. I will send it to Dennis so that it can be properly divided between us. I wouldnt have gotten a thing had it not been for the elegant way I handled the situation with the motorcycle and snowmobile engines wanting to enter a modified hotsaw competition. I just threw a sh!t fit untill they gave in.

So if you divide the $200 between Dennis and Gypo, then that means that Dennis gets $200. Not bad!

On completely unrelated topic:

How much does a new roller nose and a loop of 1/2" square chain cost for the Rotax?

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Rotax just called me with the results from the contest in Cottage Grove, Oregon. He blew away all competition with his 3120kd. Rotax’s time was 4.22 seconds on a 20+ inch log that was hard as a deer antler. Closest rival’s time was 5.38 seconds.

He is heading to Astoria, Oregon to compete tomorrow around noon. I’ll keep you posted on how he fared there.

The following weekend is the big show in Morton, Washington.

Art Martin

Art,
Nothing you have said surprises me. I'll have to call Robert tomorrow, but Jane said that he called before the competition and remarked that a lot of guys were running alcohol. Obviously, not a problem.

My best to you and Marita.

Doug,

I forgot to mention that Robert said the other saws were all set up for alcohol in the show in Darby.

Robert just called me Vernonia, Oregon, where he won a trophy with the Predator. His lift partner was V8 Bill.

Art

Cary,

Tell Rotax not to worry about a new racing chaing. A former guru taught me how to make one in less than an hour and that included two beer breaks.

Art

I've heard that in addition to being the fastest chain in the world, Walt Galer chain also doesn't break.:D

Spectators

Wish I could have been there in Vrenonia, but other came up.

Art,
Is this what you meant by Two Beer Break? Sometimes you have to let the saws cool down too!

Oregon_Rob,

Your version of a two beer break isn't exactly what I meant. My definition of a two beer break is when you don't know what you're doing, you stop and throw down two beers to clear up your mind. Does that make sense?

Art

Latest posts

Back