Dennis and Rotax Win at Clearwater 2003

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbabcock

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
Robert and Dennis just called me from Clearwater, here at the office. I'll let them elaborate further, but they both won their respective modified saw classes: Dennis with his piped, 272 G and Robert with his piped 3120 KD. Jon Rupley also won in the 6 cube class with Art Martin's 655BP. Our old friend, RBTree, made a surprise visit as well and in addition to winning the felling competition, showed everyone rigging and climbing techniques. Congratulations to all!

Glad to hear everyone had themselves a good time there at Clearwater hopefully I'll make it too next years event....Hope you all have a safe trip home.

Later Rob.

Bab's, you forgot your trademark BS line of "...and why wouldn't they?", as we all expected them to win so it's not exactly front page news but I understand the formalities of maintaining good form of course.

Pleasantries all around, good show everyone, budda bing, budda bang, budda boom!

Candice

Watch that punctuation, Candice. You of all people know that "Babs", in this context, should be sans hyphen. And why wouldn't it be? Hahaha

Congratulations Dennis, Robert, and Jon! Hope everyone involved has some good memories from the weekend. Hopefully by next year I`ll be done paying for lawyers and such and then I can be there too. Well that is as long as Jeff Hunt isn`t going to be there to kick my a$$, LOL.

Doug, it sounds like you didn`t make it to Clearwater, does that mean that we won`t have any pictures of the action and festivities or did Roger pinch hit for you and assume the duties?

Russ
The pugilistic pontificator

John and I didn't go this year. Too many other things to do. According to Dennis, Roger's got plenty of pictures. We'll see them soon, I hope.

Hey all, we had a fantastic time here again this year!! Roger (rbtree) did show up and steal my couch again this year and has lots of pics....he put on a fantastic climbing show as well as belayed a bunch of our inexperienced climbers...myself included...I now know how it feels to spike your own leg...but I still made it up 30' in 47 seconds..my first climb...I won't tell you what the winning climb was...lol....ok...about 8.7 seconds....

As far as the saws go...hehehe...well...a few saws had trouble the first day as they weren't dialed in just right with the heat and humidity we had...(about 100)....but the second day they all shone pretty darn nice...I calculated the two day totals and that is how we came up with the winners...I will post those exact times as soon as I have them back in my hands..(later tonight)....but Art Martins 655BP took home a trophy as well as Rotax's 3120....and my 272..in the hands of a local, got another trophy...

The crowd attendance wasn't what I had hoped for, but the competitor level was great....we had radio live on location, as well as the TV station showed up and had some stuff on the news...I am going to try to get a digital copy of that and give you a link...

Our "All Around Logger" is none other than the same as last year whom you guys don't know but is Tyler Barstow.

Rotax Robert made about 8-10 cuts with the Predator with myself, Jon Rupley, and some of the locals. I have to tell you, Robert is probably one of the only unlimited saw guys to let inexperienced people cut with him and his saw....and in doing so this year blew a chain off the Pred...we are still waiting for the last piece of chain to land....Noone was hurt, as we made sure there was noone in front of the saw....but WOW!! What an explosion when one of the 3/4 pitch chains lets go!!!

We did our AS member dinner at the local restaurant again Sunday night and had a blast as per norm.....

Today Robert and I, Eastie Joe, and my dad, Carl and my brother Shane all went golfing....and I am more than happy to say that I kicked their butts!!!

Anyway....times and pics to follow!!

Hi all!!

Got home after midnight Monday am, and am real busy this week with a big job..and catching up on sleep. Off to work again in two minutes...

Had a great time at the show.....pics will follow...just be patient....

A big thank you

I really need to make a couple of special thank you's the Rupleys...not only did they travel a long way to come to Clearwater but the extra effort they did while here.

Mike and Jon both spent alot of time on the PA system talking to the crowd and keeping them entertained. Jon was working on the site with us for the 2 days prior to the show as well.

The Rupley Brothers also allowed a couple of our locals to run their modified saws in their respective classes, which not many racers will do either.

Carolyne and Charlene were a godsend in the paperwork and timing departments. Without them it would have been very difficult, and they even put up with me changing events around on them the whole weekend..lol...

Once again...here is a cheers for the Rupleys!!!

Latest posts

Back