Rocheleau Stump Grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone used one? I saw the one listed in TreeTrader.com and was curious.

6944266.jpg

The boot is 36 inches with an IH six banger.

Thing looks pretty mean.

Seems like something that big would have a swing out lexan guard for the operator though.

Ha. DT466. That is an old IH gas engine of some kind. That machine is as old as I am.

Yup. I was mixed up. I didn't hear the sarcasm in your voice on this post. Sorry, 'bout that. I thought you were referring to the DT466 as an IH gas engine when I read the above statement and figured I'd call you out on it.

Rocheleau Stump Cutter

Hi All
I am really surprised to find the Rocheleau Stump Cutter on the internet. I know the inventor and he did not even know how to turn a computer on.
These machines were the dreams of a veteran stump grinder. I was part of the designing team. He copyrighted the plans in 2004 and so far maybe only 7 were built and sold.
Yes it is a big wheel, we tried smaller ones but they took to long to grind out a big stump. The big wheel has enough shrouding to protect the operator from rocks or chips being dug up.
The IH engine is a gas model from an IH combine, it was the only one we found that could be accelerated quick enough for the hard hits on the wheel.
It can be seen in action on YouTube YouTube - ‪Rocheleau Stump Cutter.wmv‬‏
The operator in this movie is the person whom actually built most of the machines.
The inventor has been laid to rest after this one was built.
He may be talked into building more if you contact him through the more info button on the YouTube page. :msp_smile:

Back