Rocking chair pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Hautions. Im sorry to say that I bought the wood for the project from a local supplier. Next one will be a different story though as I already have some 2X2 blanks of white oak stickered up in the shop.

That seat wrap looks great. What kind of finish did you put on the wood?

ANy worries about a 2x2 twisting?, certainly will dry faster.

wdchuck said:
That seat wrap looks great. What kind of finish did you put on the wood?

ANy worries about a 2x2 twisting?, certainly will dry faster.
Thank you. I put two coats of wipe-on poly on the chair. The seat bottom is 1/4 inch half oval reed weaved in the herringbone pattern. The blanks actually dried in the sticker pile outside for about two months before I ripped them into blanks. So far thay havent moved but I have concrete blocks on them for weight.

Looks very nice. It looks like it will last for many many kids to come.
I have a little rocker that I got for Christmas in 1962.

From one woodworker to another... very nice little rocker there Dusty. I have never attempted a rocker, or any chair for that matter from scratch. (I have repaired them). Not the easiest things to build and do it right to where it will last.

Nice going.

I still say it would be nice to have a little woodworking section on here. I can understand why they don't though. Sure it has to do with wood, but so does building houses and making toilet paper. Where do you stop.

Thanks everyone. I too wish that there were some sort of woodworking forum attached to the milling forum, as most of us who are into milling are also woodworkers. I really enjoy looking at pictures of woodworking projects that others have done.

really nice job :cheers:

a subcategory would be nice i agree.
also understand not 'diluting' the main topic here.
plenty of WWing forums around. but still, nice to show things u've made to people you already talk shop with.

dustytools said:
Thanks everyone. I too wish that there were some sort of woodworking forum attached to the milling forum, as most of us who are into milling are also woodworkers. I really enjoy looking at pictures of woodworking projects that others have done.

Hey, I'm just tickled pink to have a milling forum that is dominated by chainsaw millers. Most other places we have to take a back seat to the bandsaw guys. This area of the forum is for the true oddballs of the milling world...that's us folks.

Mark

Here is the pic of the oven rack pusher/puller that I promised you a while back Woodshop. Its about nine inches long with the widest point being about 1 5/8 inches. All it takes is a quarter inch drill bit and drill and a little scroll sawing and sanding. About a fifteen minute project in all. Hope you enjoy it.View attachment 42219

dustytools said:
Here is the pic of the oven rack pusher/puller that I promised you a while back Woodshop. Its about nine inches long with the widest point being about 1 5/8 inches. All it takes is a quarter inch drill bit and drill and a little scroll sawing and sanding. About a fifteen minute project in all. Hope you enjoy it.View attachment 42219
I like it. First thing that comes to mind is... I think the route might be to make a thick "brick" of one on the bandsaw, say 3-4 thick, drill holes and clean up shape on the oscillating spindle sander. Then resaw into individual pullers and run each through the belt sander and router table for a quick 1/8 roundover to finish. Got another project on the burner at the moment though. This one will have to wait a few weeks. I might change the shape just a tad also... I generally like to tweak things, can't seem to let something alone when I make my own version of it.

THANKS dusty. I'll let you know how they turn out when I tackle this. I'm picturing a little stand with a picture of one in action, with couple dozen hanging below it.

Your welcome Woodshop. The item in the picture is just a template that I keep in the shop. I too do a little round-over on the edges. They are very popular items with all of the ladies. Btw it sounds like you are quite a vendor, It would be fun to see some pictures of your booth at one of the shows. Good luck.

dustytools said:
Your welcome Woodshop. The item in the picture is just a template that I keep in the shop. I too do a little round-over on the edges. They are very popular items with all of the ladies. Btw it sounds like you are quite a vendor, It would be fun to see some pictures of your booth at one of the shows. Good luck.
I've done enough shows to know that you can have great item's to sell, but if they are not presented right, you might as well have bags of sawdust. People walk by your booth, one of hundreds (often thousands)... they are tired, kids or husbands tagging along that want to go home... and something has to make them stop and look at YOUR booth and YOUR stuff. I'll try and dig up some pics... haven't taken any of the shows lately though.

Back