Roots and concrete = anger

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firmwood

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Yeah, what the title says.

Should I just lay down pea stone or trim roots back and rescreed?

Between the house and the sidewalk is some pvc for poop...

Cutting roots seems it'll kill 2 birds at once.

Opinions?

Camera lens is blurry on one side, need to get around to replacing it.. $4, but you get the idea.
a4e4964eb97d24400a8e4f163139cade.jpg

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

What'd you do... cut the roots and kill the tree, or move the sidewalk? :popcorn2:
"PVC for poop" as in septic line? Are those roots growing into your field line, or septic tank???

Neither. There's some pvc that wraps the house and goes to the street.

It heaved a sidewalk slab.

I didn't do either. I put pea stone over and screeded it flush.

No. I do the owner occupied trick for 3% down, after a year, skoot to the next... They're liveable, but I do the quick and easy stuff, fixtures, outlets paint, maybe a kitchen or lino...

There's been one headache purchase, but besides that I grab the nice buildings.

No. I do the owner occupied trick for 3% down, after a year, skoot to the next... They're liveable, but I do the quick and easy stuff, fixtures, outlets paint, maybe a kitchen or lino...

There's been one headache purchase, but besides that I grab the nice buildings.

I don't know what that means... you buy a building for 3%of the purchase price, live in it for a year, then do it again with another property? What do you do with the one you left? That must be a big pita moving every year. o_O

Couch and tp, enough for the bachelor, and the mortgage company.

Buy a quad plex, "occupy" one unit to satisfy building occupancy after 60days of closing, if other units are rented, yay, if not, make it happen, when I move out, rent out that unit.

I change drivers license, utilities, mail, etc, and stop in once in a while... I live... "light".

They can't argue it. Township gets mad too when I do it from one unit to another unit in same building to score owner occupied repairs to not have to hire licensed contractors....

The last one I bought I moved into all 4 within 1 year to install air conditioning, new fixtures, added circuits, framed up more bedrooms (within code), all without contractors, and the bank didn't ***** because technically I still occupied the building.... And the township really couldn't say anything because I really moved into the next unit after a (legal) lease terms were up.... Trust me, the inspectors give me hell every time. One called out a missing Romex staple...

It's not for the normal person, and I suppose it could be a legal headache, but if you jump every loop hole on target,... So far I've been safe... Everyone reading this, it's your own risk!

Couch and tp, enough for the bachelor, and the mortgage company.

Buy a quad plex, "occupy" one unit to satisfy building occupancy after 60days of closing, if other units are rented, yay, if not, make it happen, when I move out, rent out that unit.

I change drivers license, utilities, mail, etc, and stop in once in a while... I live... "light".

They can't argue it. Township gets mad too when I do it from one unit to another unit in same building to score owner occupied repairs to not have to hire licensed contractors....

The last one I bought I moved into all 4 within 1 year to install air conditioning, new fixtures, added circuits, framed up more bedrooms (within code), all without contractors, and the bank didn't ***** because technically I still occupied the building....

It's not for the normal person, and I suppose it could be a legal headache, but if you jump every loop hole on target,... So far I've been safe... Everyone reading this, it's your own risk!

Hmmm... and the rent you collect from the units you don't occupy cover the bank loan payment?
Sounds like the perfect set up for a single handyman... or handywoman :cheers:
Would that be an FHA, or VA loan?

That's the risk at first. Took me 5 years to save for vacant cushion, best to buy something that's occupied 2/4 at least . Or a duplex with someone in one side.

My first was fha, which is a headache. I found a lender that does conventional if occupied and proof of 6 months reserves that's been untouched for 12 months...

Latest posts

Back