Ropensaddle's project pine growing out of roof

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice, looks like a challenge. shame they didnt want a crane on property. thats a crane tree for sure.

were they the original owners that decided it would be a good idea to build house around tree? if so, why are they removing? are they now regretting their decision back then?

Yeah man! Nice thread rope.

I've got a biggun that we started yesterday going on right now too. $4300 for one tree - and its a big bastid indeed. Gotta get back to that tree monday. I'm taking pics so that some day I can be as cool as you and dano, lol.

Realistically I'm gonna be pushing the limits of the old dump truck and tractor on this one...really dreaming about a IH 4700 lately. Not this year though, gotta save my money, one never knows this year. :mad:

Looking forward to following this tread ya mangy old dog ya! :cheers:

BTW, the geckos are sweet aint they.

Well the old fart got some more done but the :newbie: took the pics going to have to show him the zoom feature lol. It was like too hot for the old fart today but got all green off and mostly loaded and hauled. I told him I may have to take a break monday and try and finish tuesday I get wore out sooner now and don't want fatigue ruining a good job. Besides I have some gravy to bust out Monday lmao. The owner bought the house like this and is not responsible for the :dizzy: building practice. I love my gecks they will allow me to climb until Im 70 lol here is what it looks like now.
006.jpg
004.jpg
014.jpg

I notice as your getting higher the nubs your leaving are getting longer.

I would have blocked down much further but this thing cover me my ropes and everything in sap my knot was peta to body thrust and wore me down with 96 degree temps.

My groundies hate hearing make it purdy lol, but boss it was there before we started, well it is not when we leave.

How true, rakes and blowers sell more than spikes and saws.

tree gone, but a mess left? no call back, eh?
:censored: groundies. :cheers:[/QUOTE]

Did ya see the stihl br 600 on the roof Stihl blows lol:cheers:
006.jpg

Last edited:
Real nice Ropes. Looking swell.

Sounds like this is a T and M job and you are dealing with other opurtunites from doing the work and its good exposure.

Last edited:
Special thanks and kudo's to Tackle tree who is one of our members and great help for a scrawny feller lmao. The :newbie: was supposed to get an action picture of him too I am going to have a talk with him Monday:buttkick: Thanks Tackle :cheers:
017.jpg

Real nice Ropes. Looking swell.

Sounds like this is a T and M job and you are dealing with other opurtunites from doing the work and its good exposure.

Nah just an old fart trying to make a living lol:cheers: I had to show ya'all I can climb even if I am slower than molasses on yoopers front porch.

sweet rope. sweet. you really have to wonder about what those people were thinking of as they built that around a tree.....:monkey:

I would have blocked down much further but this thing cover me my ropes and everything in sap my knot was peta to body thrust and wore me down with 96 degree temps.
Man the heat was tough today for some reason. Nice pics at least ya got the limbs off. I bet that sap is bad, i hate cuttin pines this time of the year. They get everything gooey and sticky. That crap don't wanna come off either.

Man the heat was tough today for some reason. Nice pics at least ya got the limbs off. I bet that sap is bad, i hate cuttin pines this time of the year. They get everything gooey and sticky. That crap don't wanna come off either.

It makes the blakes or taught line hitch hard to slide and peta body thrusting. Also I stayed up too late then had a problem sleeping which further complicated my efforts today. I was happy with the day we got most of the green hauled so not bad imo.
010-1.jpg
008-1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back