Rotochopper opinions??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeclimbermike

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Am looking at buying a rotochopper to get some value added for our mulch and am looking for any opinions of the equipment. In theory it sounds like a no-brainer but Im sure there are a lot of pros and cons to equipment of this price. Hoping there is some guys out there using them and would appreciate some feed back on them. Thanks

Am looking at buying a rotochopper to get some value added for our mulch and am looking for any opinions of the equipment. In theory it sounds like a no-brainer but Im sure there are a lot of pros and cons to equipment of this price. Hoping there is some guys out there using them and would appreciate some feed back on them. Thanks

My old boss had one and I worked with it for a couple years before he sold it. Don't think he was happy with the purchase. Make sure your mulch is clean as any rocks destroy those teeth. It uses a TON of water so you better have a free source of it. The dye is crazy expensive and I was never impressed with the chip quality. The size and consistency was good but the dye would fade after only a few weeks.

This is a good type of unit to get started in the business with. Whether you are regrinding chips or making mulch from small branches etc.
There is a learning curve with operating grinders which usually entails costing you money. You figure out what not to do very fast.
Good Luck, you can find some free advice here also, Ask the Grinder Guy. Drop me an email for more specific questions.

If you are interested in looking at a Bandit, we can get you more information or arrange for you to see one. We also have a unique coloring system that will allow you to easily color mulch. If you would like more details, feel free to email me at [email protected]

Latest posts

Back