RSC3 chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
apparently has reduced vibration and anti kickback features I don't personally use RSC3 I just prefer the standard RS chain as I don't like low kickback chain I had that on the little dolmar I had and hated it

We have sold the 33RSC3 chain at our shop for 5-6 months. The feedback we get is consistantly positive. The majority of our customers are homeowners and probably know little about saw chain. However, we are the supplier for the National Park Service here in the Mid-Atlantic and their arborists love the stuff. The chain has low vibration and a significantly reduced feed force than 33RM2 and cuts almost as fast as 33RSK. I can see where it would not be as suitable for loggers who plunge cut LARGE trees, but for our users it is well received. Your chain needs are unique to your level of experience with a saw, the size, the type of tree you are cutting, and any mandated safety requirements at your job site. These issues are different for every user. Find a chain that suits you, learn how to properly sharpen it, and use it safely.

Stihldoc, et all

I have not been able to find the RSC3 chain in Orlando, Fl, and would like to give it a try over the RM2 chain as a possibly faster chain with some safety, is there a part number I can give the local dealer? I would need it for a 20 and 24 inch bar 3/8 pitch and 0.050 gauge, I would think the part numbers would be 33RSC3-72 and 33RSC3-84, but all I get is "never heard of it". BTW I am not a pro - and others do occasionally use the saws so I would like to stay away from the true RS chains, maybe a RM without the "2" is the way to go?

The part number (for Stihl NW) is 3624 005 0072 for 33RSC3 72E

In your area, the middle three numbers (005) may change as these identify the source. The first FOUR nuumbers are the chain type, and the last FOUR are the driver count.

Tell your dealer to look on page 35 of the current "Power Tools and Accessories" catalog.

serussell said:
Stihldoc, et all

I have not been able to find the RSC3 chain in Orlando, Fl, and would like to give it a try over the RM2 chain as a possibly faster chain with some safety, is there a part number I can give the local dealer? I would need it for a 20 and 24 inch bar 3/8 pitch and 0.050 gauge, ..................

Send me an email and I will set you up.

Bill

I saw this in the latest Stihl catalog, interesting to see some feedback on it. Oregon has had similar chain on teh market since the late 90s 72V vanguard chain. I wonder how these two stack up against each other. I rarely will use low kick chain, I just don't know that it makes teh saw enough safer to jusrtify the decreased speed. i used to use 26RM2 on my 025 and 91VG on my 009 but I hated it..very slow compared to the pro stuff. Never have tried teh newer Stihl RSC3 or Oregon 72V though. I think those would be just about as good as true pro saw chain,
J.D.

Unlike the RS, the RSC3 has both the anti-vibe and safety tie-strap design similar to the Oregon LP.
This leads me to think that it will be a very nice chain, and it probably will not cut much slower than the RS - if at all.
Slightly less space to carry woodchips may become apparent with very long bars, as will the slightly added weight (?????).

RSC (not RSC3) has the anti-vibe, but not the safety feature. It is my favorite chain at the moment, and I really don't see the need to try the RSC3.

I wonder if some Oregon controlled patents have expired lately (?)

Back