Rule 13

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would I?

• Yes I would be pleased

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • No I would not be pleased

Votes: 92 94.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the dirty dollar talking here, do as I say, not as I do crap. We gave information on faith that it would not be abused, now it appearently has been.
Law suits has been started for far less than this.

Last edited:
So does each time we click on treecarebids.com cost them money? (I got a case of beer, a laptop, and all weekend with nothing to do.)

I think you missed it, Steve. Treecarebids = Arboristsite. Same owner. I don't know if he pays himself for clicks, but I don't think it makes a lot of difference! :laugh:

crikey, you guys are making a whole lot of drama over this arent you!!

wether or not it contravenes the rules is one issue on its own.....but you seem to overlook the fact that this useful resource is supplied for all of you to use free of charge, and you're whinging about the owner sending out 1 email promoting a new venture??

get some perspective guys!

crikey, you guys are making a whole lot of drama over this arent you!!

wether or not it contravenes the rules is one issue on its own.....but you seem to overlook the fact that this useful resource is supplied for all of you to use free of charge, and you're whinging about the owner sending out 1 email promoting a new venture??

get some perspective guys!

Most of us feel strongly about privacy, you should too.

really? well its never cost me anything, on the contrary, knowledge gained from this site, and others has helped me make money

first of all, this site is not free. We pay for it by all of the advertising all over this forum. It is full of ads. You can't sell ads without the audience (us).

Secondly, I did neg rep treecarbids and left a visitor message stating never to send me spam again. The neg rep has now turned possitive and the visitor message vanished. Its 1984 around here now.

I think he must know how we feel at this point. No apology for the breach of privacy. Maybe this is just how it will be now.

how do you figure?? by buying stuff you would have bought anyway?

The potential sponsors who consider paying to advertise here, do so based on how active this site is. The posts we make here show potential sponsors that their money to advertise here would be money well-spent.

The same applies to current sponsors: The amount of activity here affects their decision whether or not to continue to pay to be sponsors.

Businesswise I'm not affected by the treecarebids spam generated by AS, it's more a matter of having my private information used, which I don't like. I can live with it as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

If treecarebids is taking business away from AS members, that's a much more serious issue. As I pointed out in a previous post, the phone & fax number (should also mention the address) for Darin's businesses have been posted.

The potential sponsors who consider paying to advertise here, do so based on how active this site is. The posts we make here show potential sponsors that their money to advertise here would be money well-spent.

The same applies to current sponsors: The amount of activity here affects their decision whether or not to continue to pay to be sponsors.

Businesswise I'm not affected by the treecarebids spam generated by AS, it's more a matter of having my private information used, which I don't like. I can live with it as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

If treecarebids is taking business away from AS members, that's a much more serious issue. As I pointed out in a previous post, the phone & fax number (should also mention the address) for Darin's businesses have been posted.

Aside from the sponsers, none of us have to pay to be here. There is good and bad to that. I was a long time member of turbodieselregister.com, but found the membership fee to be more than I wanted to pay and at the same time I was a member of dieseltruckresource.com and got the same basic info and resources for free. I thought TDR was a more helpful site and better run.

My point is that we are in Darin's house and his rules apply. I'm not siding with his decision to hide behind another user name to further his business. It would have been nice if there was some transparency to his actions.

I sell hay almost every week at 2 different auction houses in the local area. One is large and they sell hay, livestock, wood, and run one of the largest flea markets/swap meets in N.IN. It's not uncommon for one of the owners to buy and sell livestock and to buy hay. He has a side business raising beef and dairy replacements and he does advertise, probably on the dime of anyone paying commision. It would seem that there would be a conflict of interest there, but no one has said anything yet.

Like I said, no one pays to be a member. JJuday

I think you missed it, Steve. Treecarebids = Arboristsite. Same owner. I don't know if he pays himself for clicks, but I don't think it makes a lot of difference! :laugh:

Yes you are right. Obviously I was into that case of beer.

But to the people who say that we get to use this site for free, no, there's lots of ads here; ads I click on and buy from. If the owner thinks this site is charity and he's losing money on it, I volunteer to take it over.

There was a thread started about the spam in the sponsor section and It seems to have been taken down to. Pretty lame if you ask me. They obviously know that people are not happy about it and can see the threads but sit there and hide behind their computer screen with no explanation. :notrolls2:

first of all, this site is not free. We pay for it by all of the advertising all over this forum. It is full of ads. You can't sell ads without the audience (us).

Secondly, I did neg rep treecarbids and left a visitor message stating never to send me spam again. The neg rep has now turned possitive and the visitor message vanished. Its 1984 around here now.

I think he must know how we feel at this point. No apology for the breach of privacy. Maybe this is just how it will be now.

:rock::clap::yourock::wave::cheers::agree2: You got it right Sir. :bowdown:

Answer this question why pay to be a sponsor when it does not pay off to be a sponsor ?
want to check something click my facebook link

Last edited:
Answer this question why pay to be a sponsor when it does not pay off to be a sponsor ?
i will probily move my sponsorship to a new place nicer atmosphere
where i will be the only sponsor

I would imagine it would pay to be a sponsor if the sponsor gets back to people when they have questions, and follow up with potential customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back