• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Running closed port husky 55

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These closed port 55's are real sleeper saws. They run awesome compared to the open port 55's....

I recently fixed a local guy's closed port 55 that he was running when the impulse grommet finally failed and it went terribly lean. Lucky for him, I had a new carb mount/ intake assembly, intake boot, new grommet, and good used piston and cylinder. I got it fixed and back to him in one day and he said the saw had never ran so strong, he was blown away. He had bought it used and it probably had some intake leaks for a long time, as the intake assembly plastic was also stripped out where the carb screws retain the carb.

Long story short, these are great saws, I have fixed 3 now and they definitely run much stronger than open port 55's.

I recommend that you remove the muffler and get some good pics of the piston skirt to prove to everyone the health of the piston/cylinder for the reason that the 51/55 saws are notorious for intake/intake grommet failures and lean scoring.

With about $30 worth of intake and grommet parts, good mix fuel and a smart operator, these saws can live virtually forever.

GOOD LUCK with the sale!

Latest posts

Back