Runs fine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saw Dr.

Junk Collector
Reaction score
Just need the kill switch repaired, and it is leaking oil.

ryby3ehe.jpg

MS660 less than a year old. Don't know why someone would do that to a 1k saw, but whatever. They broke the filter mount stud and tried to JB it back together. Then they drywall screwed the filter cover into the airbox backplate. I could not uncover that without sharing with my AS buddies.

I bought a "parts saw project" from a tree service once. They decided to run it without the filter and eneded up burning the saw up. I was told over the phone that it was 2 years old and they took trees down they didnt have time to fix a chainsaw. I couldnt help but think about the fact that if they would have taken the time to put a filter on it and do it right they wouldnt have blown up such a fine saw, but on the other hand i got a real nice 660 now!!!!!

Just need the kill switch repaired, and it is leaking oil.

MS660 less than a year old. Don't know why someone would do that to a 1k saw, but whatever. They broke the filter mount stud and tried to JB it back together. Then they drywall screwed the filter cover into the airbox backplate. I could not uncover that without sharing with my AS buddies.

Thats pretty Lame!!!!! worked at the Stihl shop today and people bring in all kinds of dumb stuff,,,

That is the best one I've seen today however!!!! Thanks for sharing,,, Hey BTW,,,, I've been meaning to ask ya How did that 046/460 P/C I sent ya end up working out???

Last edited:
Man I just got my 660 and could never do something like that to my saw. Took too long to get one. That's like a lot of the used saws I looked at before I got mine looked like they rolled around the back of a truck for years. At the cost of them I just can't see that, but to each his own I guess.

Thats pretty Lame!!!!! worked at the Stihl shop today and people bring in all kinds of dumb stuff,,,

That is the best one I've seen today however!!!! Thanks for sharing,,, Hey BTW,,,, I've been meaning to ask ya How did that 046/460 P/C I sent ya end up working out???

The guy who I needed the 460 jug for decided to switch saws and get me to put a 6401 together for him instead. I still have the 460 jug setting there, as I ended up with the saw. It has not gotten put together yet.

Latest posts

Back