Ryobi 10532 vs. Husky 36

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here you go.........

attachment.php

Hope this helps.

I think the Ryobi is actually a GZ400,but essentially the same as a 4000.They share a lot of part numbers.(The plastic parts are different #'s for sure since they're a different color.)

I think the Ryobi is actually a GZ400,but essentially the same as a 4000.They share a lot of part numbers.(The plastic parts are different #'s for sure since they're a different color.)

That is my understanding as well. That is why I was pleased to get a gz4000 for such a good deal as it should be the best built of the ryobi, 400 and 4000.

It snarfles my redmax 3800 badly. But between my 3800 and 4000, the 4000 is sprung a little softer than I would like. I may try to switch the av between the saws and see how that works out.

I've been told that redmax had some issues with the first strato carbs on the gz4000, but that mostly they have worked out the issues.

I guess you have modified the muffler already,they really come to life when they can breathe.

I guess you have modified the muffler already,they really come to life when they can breathe.

No. I have about 16 saws, all stock mufflers. Don't like the extra noise (just a personal thing.)

Brad says the 3800 comes to life with a mod, and I must admit my 3800 is a bit of a turd powerwise. But my 4000 is plenty peppy and I am very impressed with it stock.

I just checked between the 3800 and 4000 and the IPLs show the rear springs the same. I don't know why the 4000 feels so much softer sprung.

Last edited:
I just checked between the 3800 and 4000 and the IPLs show the rear springs the same. I don't know why the 4000 feels so much softer sprung.

Maybe it's carring a little more weight, that could make the anti-vibe seem softer.

Maybe it's carring a little more weight, that could make the anti-vibe seem softer.

No, its more than that.

For example, on the 4000 the bar bounces a bit while it runs making it not as good for detail work with a carving bar. I had heard that from more than one person , and it is true. 3800 bar is steady while running. Not a problem during normal cutting at all, though.

I spent a bit of time comparing the two side by side this morning (not running) and at least on my two saws the 4000 bar (or handle, depending on how you look at it) flexes more easily. It even moves more when simply pulling the trigger (again saw not running).

Totally off thread, but that is why I am disappointed my new 339ne was so much weaker than my 4000. The av is fantastic, and at the same time the bar is dead steady while running. I am really hoping a new carb helps it.

First Ryobi reconditioned saw would not start out of the box. CPO promptly shipped second one. Second one starts but dies when you touch the throttle. They offered to ship a third, but I took the refund.

and by everyone's comments on AS, did you do anything to fix the known issues with these right out of the box?

-Trim the fuel line?
-Tune carb?

I mean, you knew that the deal with these was they have potential. And that potential came at the price of having to tweak it a little to get it ripping. Yet, you expected perfection, where, quite frankly, no one on here has received that out of the box?

and by everyone's comments on AS, did you do anything to fix the known issues with these right out of the box?

-Trim the fuel line?
-Tune carb?

I mean, you knew that the deal with these was they have potential. And that potential came at the price of having to tweak it a little to get it ripping. Yet, you expected perfection, where, quite frankly, no one on here has received that out of the box?

When i got mine i went and got some stihl string trimmer fuel line to replace the stock line,,put a heavier filter from an old homelite on it..pulled the carb screws and slotted them,,pulled the muffler and opened it up..pulled the starter cover and scraped off the plastic where it rubbed and melted..total cost $1.25 and i'm happier than a duck in a field full of june bugs !!
( after tuning the carb )..
used it today to cut up some 12 in maple instead of the big bulky 357XP,,much easier to use..
your milage may vary..

Montana Bob First Ryobi reconditioned saw would not start out of the box. CPO promptly shipped second one. Second one starts but dies when you touch the throttle. They offered to ship a third, but I took the refund.

NOT trying to be facetious BUT,,,,after reading all the threads about this saw you didnt realize a little "tweeking" was necessary ??
like "maybe" the fuel filter was not in the fuel ?? ( noted problem ).
maybe "carb" adjustment ?? ( noted problem ) ..
OR, several other little things that posting to ask about might have saved you a lot of trouble ??
if you expected to get one without having to "tweek" them a bit and a little work to make what most consider a " steal of a deal " for the price may i suggest you consider ,, with all due respect ,, a trip to the chainsaw aisle of home depot ?

Hearing, they shall Not hear. Seeing, they shall Not see.

Opps that my CADdie calling me. Holla!!!!

NOT trying to be facetious BUT,,,,after reading all the threads about this saw you didnt realize a little "tweeking" was necessary ??
like "maybe" the fuel filter was not in the fuel ?? ( noted problem ).
maybe "carb" adjustment ?? ( noted problem ) ..
OR, several other little things that posting to ask about might have saved you a lot of trouble ??
if you expected to get one without having to "tweek" them a bit and a little work to make what most consider a " steal of a deal " for the price may i suggest you consider ,, with all due respect ,, a trip to the chainsaw aisle of home depot ?

I thought I read the fuel line and carb adjustments, made running saws better, not corrected non-running saws. My bad if I mis-interpreted. I only posted for FYI purposes.

Yeah by most accounts, the saw is a POS out of the box.

They obviously have some final inspection/QC issues.

But, the issues, once addressed by a knowledged end user, are easily dealt with, and leave them with a good saw worth the price of admission.

I am planning on one, once I can free up a franklin from the Mrs. :D

If I didn't have to spend my allowance this week at Edge & Engine on AV mounts and a Tach, I would have (btw E&E when will those backordered mounts be in?) :blob2:

My 10532 was fine right out of the box. The gas line appeared to be properly installed. I did do the muffler mod. Started 3rd pull and runs like bear. My carb tool is on back-order from E+E, but I haven't needed it. Just got lucky for once.

Update.
Manager called Monday and was willing to overnight a 3rd saw or refund. Took a chance and now have a Ryobi that runs terrific. Their customer service is outstanding. Looking forward to making the suggested mods.

Montana Bob Update.
Manager called Monday and was willing to overnight a 3rd saw or refund. Took a chance and now have a Ryobi that runs terrific. Their customer service is outstanding. Looking forward to making the suggested mods.
Good deal !!
dont forget one of the mods is the bar and chain,i put a homelite 16 in on mine and yestday had it buried in 16 in green red oak with a BIG smile on my face !
muff mod is simple,just take muff off and the little cover on front and drill a big hole where the hole is now,,pull carb screws and slot them with a dremmel so you can adjust the carb..then have fun ! i'm going to get another before they are gone..

taxmantoo - Interesting comment about the chain brake on the 36. Mine is almost impossible to move.

My 36 was a Dolmar trade-in. The dealer was a long time Husky dealer before he sold his old dealership and gave retirement a try. Turns out he's a worker and can't stand to sit idle, so now he's running a Dolmar dealership at his house.

The brake band was broken, he told me that I did not want to mess with the brake, but if I bought a band he'd install it for free. I had a band shipped to him, he fixed it, and it's been a joy to operate ever since. I suspect that if there was any adjustment to the brake linkage, he knew how to adjust it to perfection.

Latest posts

Back