S10 Disassembly Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Legeance

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I'm new to chainsaws and I picked this saw up for cheap and decided to paint it and clean it up and have it as a nice show piece but to paint it I need to separate the two halves but I cant figure out how to get the clutch off and I can't figure out how to get the thing under the flywheel off. The thing under the flywheel has all the ignition components under it. I've attached pictures of what I'm talking about.
IMG_5073.jpg IMG_5074.jpg

Well, the flywheel: screw the nut on flush with the crank. Then put some slight prying force under a lip or screw one of the flywheel starter ring screws back in and lift up on the flywheel with a pair a pliers with one hand, then whack the end of the crank with a small 16oz hammer. Hit it hard, but not so hard it boogers up the nut or the crank threads. Hit it square too. It will pop loose with the right whack.
The clutch has three 4mm puller thread holes on the spider. It pulls straight up as it's on a woodruff keyway.20160911_224620.jpgthis is a puller I made. The three prong thing is the center of the clutch (the spider)

Latest posts

Back