Sachs Dolmar 110 no spark

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I'll check the resistance when I get back home, fishing this weekend... I did play with the flywheel to see if it had any damage, it would draw a hanging screwdriver from about an inch+, I didn't think it was bad but replaced it because nothing else was working

I was thinking I should try a hotter plug ?
testing ohms from plug wire to ground is 2.68 and 5.98 from kill switch wire to ground, pretty much the same on old coil vs new, going to put saw together see what happens

testing ohms from plug wire to ground is 2.68 and 5.98 from kill switch wire to ground, pretty much the same on old coil vs new, going to put saw together see what happens
Well yee haw she runs !!! wonder if it was the fly wheel, or if it heard me say I maybe dump it for parts :}

Glad you got it sorted. Did you conclude what the problem actually was?
I suspect the resistances you were measuring on the secondary side of the coil were in k-ohms (thousands of ohms). A traditional wound coil generally has a primary/secondary difference in the hundreds of times. Unfortunately, the electronics in modern coils can make taking meaningful measurements fairly impractical.

Glad you got it sorted. Did you conclude what the problem actually was?
I suspect the resistances you were measuring on the secondary side of the coil were in k-ohms (thousands of ohms). A traditional wound coil generally has a primary/secondary difference in the hundreds of times. Unfortunately, the electronics in modern coils can make taking meaningful measurements fairly impractical.
Yes K-ohms Both the old coil and new coil were almost exactly the same readings, I'm leaning to the fly wheel as the culprit so now I have an extra coil on hand. When I first took the saw apart there was buildup of sawdust between the fly wheel and coil plus I had to make a puller to get the fly wheel off as tapping on the shaft pretty hard didn't work. But my original suspect was the kill switch, and disconnecting that didn't work either, so all new parts gets it going and glad because I have some large trunks to cut up.

SACHS DOLMAR 110
Have a friend who’s a mechanic repairing my old 1989 SD 110. Anyone know where I could get a carburetor for this saw. Thank you!

SACHS DOLMAR 110
Have a friend who’s a mechanic repairing my old 1989 SD 110. Anyone know where I could get a carburetor for this
SACHS DOLMAR 110
Have a friend who’s a mechanic repairing my old 1989 SD 110. Anyone know where I could get a carburetor for this saw. Thank you!

saw. Thank you I

It would depend on if the carb is a reg choke carb or an injector style carb, IPL link below, carbs are located on page 9 and 10 of this IPL,
http://s30387.gridserver.com/partsDiagrams/Dolmar 109 110 111 115 and PS-540.pdf

Attachments

• 70A3AB6A-53ED-417F-AFCE-67D3265DAF9E.jpeg
    70A3AB6A-53ED-417F-AFCE-67D3265DAF9E.jpeg
    389.1 KB · Views: 0
I have a 1991-ish SD-111. I've had some trouble getting parts for it, but recently found I can call Makita's parts number and they have all the books for the Sachs saws too. They can cross reference the sachs parts to Makita parts. For example, I got a new coil for my saw and was able to get crank seals too. Makita parts number: 800-462-5482.

I have a 1991-ish SD-111. I've had some trouble getting parts for it, but recently found I can call Makita's parts number and they have all the books for the Sachs saws too. They can cross reference the sachs parts to Makita parts. For example, I got a new coil for my saw and was able to get crank seals too. Makita parts number: 800-462-5482.
Thank you!

Back