Sachs Dolmar rotary engine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen the odd rotary saw for sale around here, Im a little tempted to get one but I have yet to start collecting chainsaws for anything but making money.

NZ wasnt a place to find alot of V8's but rotarys were relatively popular with the boy racers. One of my mates made a 4 rotor by welding 2 12a's cranks together and making a housing for the join up. Went like stink until it broke. He was able to run one on diesel once it was warmed up on petrol. We have a rotary 13b turbo in the kit car my brother and I own. Light engine that can put out alot of ponies.

Any poms out there may be suprised that Lada made rotary cars. Audi did to.

RaisedByWolves said:
Well, Hey, Thanks for never getting back to me.

cuttinscott said:
Racers...... I would also like to thank you for not replying to my PM

Scott

He doesn't care...he only has 6 posts...his intent was met - looks like Bill G had the best offer, or was most persistent. Must not have been meant to be...keep looking.

Got no problem with Bill scoring this one, as long as he actually gets the saw as described.

I would have paid 3-4 Times what I was offering, but not based on one grany pic.

Seems to me like he could have got a lot more for it than what he was hinting if he knew something about negotating.

I just hope it works out for Bill and that we get a report on this one in the future.:cheers:

Yea but the Handle bar is poorly COBBED ON.. Which greatly hurts the Value. a piece of galvanized on the right top over the original mounting point, and a rod brace to the left side of the saw at the recoil housing.

Scott

Yea but the Handle bar is poorly COBBED ON.. Which greatly hurts the Value. a piece of galvanized on the right top over the original mounting point, and a rod brace to the left side of the saw at the recoil housing.

Scott

Yes,I saw that,but it's probably restorable

I agree, the 'modded' handelbar at that price, kinda kills the deal.
-Ralph

This is the sellers reply when asked about the brace on the left side of the handlebar

{{What that is,a extra support for strenght for the handlebars,as far as I know it is factory
Thanks for the intrest}}quote

Scott

So how much are you people willing to pay for these saws? What is worth to you to own a "rare" saw? Me personally, not much for a rotary, $300-400.00 for a running one in good shape, which is why I do not own one. Seen a couple videos and they are a novelty in my opinion. Just like the Echo twin cylinder. I am curious because of all your complaining and whining. Step up and speak out.

Yeah, $300- $400 for a clean runner would be doable.

Id probably only cut with it once/twice a year, I just think they sound really cool and have a nice look to them.

That right there is Crazy stupid money for a busted saw.

Figure now that this one has gone this high, a junk parts saw will run $400-500 just for the parts to fix the good one and.......Ahhhh.......

Im Speachless........

The real kick in the pants is after that one brought $1500 Danny's KMS only brought $178 today

Bill

Back