Sachs Dolmar rotary engine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott,

How can your "deceased uncle" have one of these Dolmars new in the box?

Did he take it with him? Did they bury it with him?

Just wondering.....

He died one year ago. He collected snowmobiles and a few saws. All "his" stuff is still in "his" garage. He is survived by "his" wife and 2 sons. I guess the stuff is theirs now. Just wasn't sure how to explain it without going into further detail than necessary the first time.:angel:

I have heard they were firestarters. A fellow arboristsite member has one that runs. If you run it a night you can see the muffler glow red. Set this baby down on some dry leaves and call S-T-B (Smokey The Bear)

We use to have one Brand New in the Box and it was given to our Sachs-Dolmar Distributor of the Year, Husky Power in Shreveport, LA. They have since gone out of business and I never heard what happen to it after the owner of the Company Jim Thompson from Charlotte died. I heard one run one time and it sounded like a little small block V-8. The saw did not have vibration dampers as it just did not vibrate. The muffler was the problem. The rotary engine in the Mazda has two spark plugs/rotor to burn all the fuel. The Sachs version of the engine only had 1 plug (you're getting ahead of me). There was a little extra fuel making it to the muffler and caused the heat temperature to rise. I was told by one guy that he used the 3.5 cubic inch 8hp engine in a go cart and said it kicked assss. However he routed the muffler under his seat and roasted his own assss.
Terry

dang sedan.. umm id opt for the 372 over the 7900 until we here more on that saw.. a known value versus an at this time percieved higher value... fits into the bird in the hand deal.. he did say he would trade a new saw for it.. heck i got an real good high milage festiva motor ..
4 stroke high torque fuel injection..
ill trade it for an new saw.. this thing oughta run a mill fine.. and its small.
i started out joking .. but the possibilities are running around in my head at random now.. as if they ever did any other way. im sure yall know that..,
but i do to..:)

same rotory saw.

hey guys i own that same dolmar sachs saw, and mine does run. i was told there were only about a hundred left. i,ve been wondering just what this saw is really worth. anyone knows please let me know soon.thanks

Latest posts

Back