Safety is No Accident

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard them all Jeff lol the boys thought they had a day alone because I had to get a wisdom tooth cut out. I came to work to their astonishment got them started and went to the dentist and two hours later back to the grind stone. I have worked with broken wrist because, I got in some stupid fight over the weekend. It is hard to climb with a fractured wrist but I managed. I crashed end over end in a vehicle crushed left scapula broke both collar bones dislocated right shoulder, broke two ribs and punctured a lung and possible fracture in a vertebrae. I was off 3 months was told I might not be able to climb, climbed first day back. I pulled a motor for my dad in those three months I was off and many other things. I just love the ones saying I can't climb cause of some injury , I grab there arms then look at their legs and say no your just chicken is all.

Not apples to apples, Rope. I am talking about a crew member not reporting an injury immediately. Doesn't want to say nothing about his hurt toe. Goes home and limps around a friday nite and Saturday morning the daughter see's her Dad is limping and a purple toe. So you get the call--"Hi, how long can I wait to report an injury?
Fun stuff, :angry2:
Jeff:cheers:

Last edited:
Not apples to apples, Rope. I am talking about a crew member not reporting an injury immediatly. Doesn't want to say nothig about his hurt toe. Goes home and limps around a friday nite and Saturday morning the daughter see's her Dad is limping and a purple toe. So you get the call--"Hi, how long can I wait to report an injury?
Fun stuff, :angry2:
Jeff:cheers:

Yes Jeff, I have experienced those things twenty years and I made them pay. I told them the truth. I told the men about my work ethic and how sorry it was to wuss out. I have had men hurt them selves water skiing, come in and claim they hurt their back at work. It is corporations that cause the crap , corporate welfare. I have seen all sorts of #### go on in big companies especially nepotism which caused me to quit a job I was at 13 years. Love your job Jeff but never quite count on it to be there.

Last edited:
J C for the 7th time, it's not about You or Me.

If you inspect your gear with a 10 X mag. glass or send it out for Xray.. your're Golden. If you changed out all your gear before it show's any sign of wear (time change out) .. you're Golden.

However, this post is Not about You specifically and (nearly) none of the examples discuss anything that is applcable to a home owner. Were not running our lawn mowers or using the little 34 CC chain saw to cut fire wood or pruning the limbs on the step ladder with our pruning saw... are we ?

I would think that with your're high level of itelligences.. could grasp the fact that this Post was Intended to apply from the lowest to the highest level of work experience. If your a close nit group and don't share your work expereince's why spoil a post for others.. just huy'ee B S. If you're way out their The Top Pro. and it's just too basic for you...then move on. I know you knew about-- airing up flat tires (the danger); what happen's when the hdy's are turned off, engine stops or elec. power is turned off and you're using the truck and boomed out (did'nt you) under load ?

J C, be Fair & Square, be Postive, it's Not about You or Me. If you have problem with me.. . then PM me, I'll talk to on the telephone if you'd like. Don't take cheap shots.. does nothing for your Top Pro Image.

Yes Jeff, I have experienced those things twenty years and I made them pay. I told them the truth. I told the men about my work ethic and how sorry it was to wuss out. I have had men hurt them selves water skiing, come in and claim they hurt their back at work. It is corporations that cause the crap , corporate welfare. I have seen all sorts of #### go on in big companies especially nepotism which caused me to quit a job I was at 13 years. Love your job Jeff but never quite count on it to be there.

You are fortunate not to live in California!
Jeff :cheers:
I do love my job.

Hey Hawk Pilot

Uh, could you please use SpellCheck? Or get a dictionary? Or take a short course in sentence structure? Maybe work on the punctuation a little? And there's really no need to capitalize so many words. Your posts are becoming ever more incoherent.

I mean, damn.

Uh, could you please use SpellCheck? Or get a dictionary? Or take a short course in sentence structure? Maybe work on the punctuation a little? And there's really no need to capitalize so many words. Your posts are becoming ever more incoherent.

I mean, damn.

You really got a hair up your arse,huh? Are you mad or angry at someone you don't know or like? Hey, he's hanging seems like, ease up.

You really got a hair up your arse,huh? Are you mad or angry at someone you don't know or like? Hey, he's hanging seems like, ease up.

LOLOLOL...I agree, old Hawk is hanging right in there. That must be good for something. Not quite sure what, though.
He's got you defending him and I'll bet that makes him feel good.

And, as to whether I ease up on somebody or not...I'll make that decision without any guidance from you. I do appreciate the effort, though.

Sounds like the boys in Florida. I hear they can't get to work if it's going to be good fishing.
Went out on a charter boat a couple days during the week when I was down there one time and was a couple of young guys on the boat both days that skipped work:biggrinbounce2:

Well.....yeah..........DUH
Work is for people who don't know how to fish:biggrinbounce2:

A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work....I don't fish much anymore so I substitute riding instead.

Hawk, you could have just left the title of the thread "Safety is no accident" and not added anything else and we would all have gained just as much.

You're a 100% Right Nothing to Share or Help Anyone, that's the Result, Speak's Volume's from the Pro's. !

Interested in safety get the tree climbers companion, a copy of anzi z133 and a300, got a specific question, ask it in arborist 101. Hawk go read through many of the 101 threads there has always been great advice here, why do we need anything else?

Just because a guy has 6,000 posts doesn't mean he knows crap. I have seen many guys blast out crazy thoughts and then someone thinks they are knowledgeable because they have had a ton of posts. Not the case.... it is often that the guy with the biggest motor mouth knows the least.

I think the OP's message was well thought out and presented to make us all think about what we are doing. There's a lot of rookies on this site that needs the wisdom from all of us.

Be safe AND use wisdom!

Just because a guy has 6,000 posts doesn't mean he knows crap. I have seen many guys blast out crazy thoughts and then someone thinks they are knowledgeable because they have had a ton of posts. Not the case.... it is often that the guy with the biggest motor mouth knows the least.

I think the OP's message was well thought out and presented to make us all think about what we are doing. There's a lot of rookies on this site that needs the wisdom from all of us.

Be safe AND use wisdom!

Good point but our forums have sections like home owner,101,etc. This one is set for deaths and injury's a wise individual posts in the proper place right?

Yep, Your're Right 100%, Not Much Happening Here on this Post that's Productive.

The Post was Not About Me or You, Did I Not Say that at Least Ten Time's ! ! !

It was about what could be added on to the Saftey Post. However, you little kiddee's just kept going around and twisting words and trying to get your little lick's in on a personal attack. I always met you head on and slammed in back in your face because BS is BS. I never got one PM from any of you brave bunch. It's very apparent to me that you get your life through this forum, speaks volume's as well.

However, if you every worked on my crew.. I don't think it would be for long. I alway's ask the crew if the new guy has what it take's to be one of the crew. I'm not going to judge you 100% and it's unfair to do so. However, I think you may have fit into this catergory (because of your post's) These are the crew comment's that I'd expect back from someone that wrote the post's that came from you: (1) He know's it all and won't listen, (2) he's all about himself and arrogant, (3) I tell him this is the co. procedure's we follow and he say's he learned different and his way's the best.. so learn my way, (4) he's really not that experienced but think's so and making minor to major mistake's, (5) this guy is not a team player and no one can work with him, and other's. If those type of report(s) came back, I'd send him down the road because this kind of guy get's folk's hurt.

About ten times I said.. if this Post is too basic for you move on. So you all continued to screw with me and lay to ruin the good intent of the post, be a spoiler and show you butt.

Do you remember what (this Post) that was about ? To Point out Actual Event's that may have caused a accident or how you avoid one. Also, Operational Pointer's (don't do this, that's the wrong way). However, you little kiddee just can't see the forest for the tree's and continue to show your butt and it's getting quite large now. I guess you think that you'll wear me down or something and that make's me smile the most. I like exposing great pretender's and little kiddee B Srrr's.

I posted a few things that I'm sure you all knew that and that was my little jok'ee for tonight, it's quite likely that none of you kiddee's knew some of the things I listed. I listed: run a tire flat for too long and it will bust the radial siide belts and the tire may blow up in your face when airing it up. Pointed out how important it is to stay on top of your gear, don't loan it out, don't buy used stuff, inspect it closely or time check/ replacement as required. If gear is over stressed,.. get it off the truck and red tagged and gone (right then & there). The last was regarding what can happen if the power is lost to the truck if the -- Hdy., Elec., Eng. power is turned off and the boom is out and being used. The next-- that chocks may not be enough when working on steep grades and tie off to two hold points is best (if possible). The last -- know when to walk away and bring in bigger equipment, a second truck, get the Supervisor involved and keep out of trouble (no doink's today).

However, You Guy's knew all (above) that and should have skipped it completely as I have told you to do about ten times + . The addressed member's were from the new guys to the more experienced folks but cound stand a refresher). I bet my bottom dollar that a number of the folks that read this post have learned one thing or another that will help them stay out of trouble in the future. Learned something that... may save them from a injury or a serious one. If one person was saved from a accident, then all this BS with you kidde's was worth it.

You All Make My Day

P. S. If You Kiddee's keep helping me.. we will make 150 + Post's but your butt's may not fit on the screen : {just a little jok'ee on thee' )

P. S. S. Did I tell you all that I liked C. Eastwood's Gran Torino film a lot. I think that a number of you all could have gotten a role in this movie. You all seem to fit into the kiddee BS that you tried to pull here. Also, I bought a new 1970 Grand Torino, Cobra Jet, 429 4 speed, so I'm sort of plugged into the movie and Clint's style as well.

Hey, I'm still standing right here.

Also, to the guy that does not like my grammar, spelling or spell check, it just slow's me down, you kiddee's can figure out most of it. I love run on sentence's and type forever if it's a coupled thought and such so get use to it. I mutter the english language as I want and sort of love to bucher it as I see fit. Also, don't think to highly of yourself... I don't care what you think ! Your nothing but kiddee type's waisting their time and mine. I love to do this (gammmar & such) and my twisted style....... but you all read what I have to say... so got you kid's again and great entertainment to boot.... Yeh Baby (you kiddee's I mean) bring it On ! ! !

One of you Commented that I'm still here and must be worth something. I'd really like to get this Post on Line with Good Info. that applied to everyone and good (real life) examples that do or could prevent accident's... was that too much to ask ! ? ! Also, Not a one of you out there know it all and can learn or pass on valuable information to others that would make a world of difference. Everyone reads this board -- loggers, climbers, farmers, rookee's that are just coming into the business. You may forget that Safety does not apply to one profession and Pro's. only or New guys or any specific experience level. It begins at home and then to the car or truck and on to the job site, then, all day long and back home again. What you did and how you did it was in ... play from the moment you got up to the time you walked back in the door at night.

Take Care Out There, My Heart is with You.

Last edited:
Back