sales and marketing techniques

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know next to nothing about facebook, have only recently been checking everything out through my wifes account.
If I set up a facebook business page how will people find it? I've never seen a business listing on anybodys page? I have seen people listing their "likes" like a band etc. it shows up. So if noone adds you as a "likes this" thing and just as a friend or something you'll probably never be seen right?

I know next to nothing about facebook, have only recently been checking everything out through my wifes account.
If I set up a facebook business page how will people find it? I've never seen a business listing on anybodys page? I have seen people listing their "likes" like a band etc. it shows up. So if noone adds you as a "likes this" thing and just as a friend or something you'll probably never be seen right?
People find the page through the usual methods of networking. That page then shows up on other peoples Facebook page with the possibility of exponential growth. I'm not sure how well that works but I do know it helps to have as many people as you can read your name and know your name.
Here's Arborwear's Facebook page:

Arborwear | Facebook

This might sound weird, but actually freind each other. You may live a thousand miles away and still get a referral. ( you know who you are). but free and interesting and fun.
Jeff

People find the page through the usual methods of networking. That page then shows up on other peoples Facebook page with the possibility of exponential growth. I'm not sure how well that works but I do know it helps to have as many people as you can read your name and know your name.
Here's Arborwear's Facebook page:

Arborwear | Facebook

Gotta stay in the loop!
Jeff

Thanks Jeff!

Thanks for the rep...

If any form of marketing works for your business, by all means use it. We have a Facebook page as well, and also have the "like" button on our website pages. It's just another way that the search engines perceive your relevancy, authority and popularity.

Traditional marketing (phone, flyers, direct mail & print ads) coupled with internet marketing - free classifieds, email marketing, online magazines and trade associations, banner ads and of course, social media - Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, etc. All of these help in building your brand and visibility.

Plus, I "liked" all your facebook pages. :)

Last edited:
I just went over the data for 2010 from our tree service sites.

Estimate requests from search engines:
15 - 35 a month. Interestingly clients in higher educated more affluent areas receive more requests. This factor is more important than actual population.

Facebook estimate requests:
1 all year. Although this is harder to quantify as I don't get to see traffic numbers and rely on my clients to give me the info.

In 2010 the number one response when asked how they found them was Google.

Social media definitely plays a roll in your overall internet marketing strategy my recommendations are to focus on traffic you can monetize. Facebook itself cannot monetize its traffic very well. Here is a quote from a recent article.
"Facebook can target ads to users based on their interests, but these users generally are not looking for or seeking out the advertisement at the time it is displayed. Just because a Facebook user is a Yankees fan doesn't mean that when he logs into Facebook he is interested in buying Yankees tickets. This is in direct contrast to Google, which targets ads to a user at the time they are seeking a given product or service." Facebook's $70 Billion Valuation Is Way Too High

I guess no matter the medium as a business owner it is a good practice to focus on the things that are working for you presently with a keen eye on the horizon to see what might be coming next. Put some money aside to try out new marketing methods, new tools, new employees etc. If they work, use them more. If they don't, try something else.

A lot of money can be saved this way because you can eliminate unnecessary services and hassles. Take advantage of the every door direct mail resources available on the internet that you can use to plan, design, print, and mail your menus. When deciding among several options, choose an "all inclusive" service that can produce and mail your EDDM menus for a low cost. By doing so, you will ensure that you generate a higher ROI once your offers deliver into homes. Doing anything else would be not only a waste of money, but also of your valuable time. EDDM is the best technique to increase your sales.

Back