Saw parts from ebay users...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stipes

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I hope this isnt a stupid question,,but I'm about to my wits end...I paid for a 20 inch chain guard for my pro mac 700 cause the one I have now is too short,,so I wanted someting to fit the saw and case ok..This was on the 20th of March,,and still,,no e-mail from him,,I wrote 4 times now,,and I'm startin to get pi**ed cause he has the guards back for sell online and I havent got mine yet...Nothing ,,,no email,,FU ,,sorry about your luck,,nothing from him...I'm pretty calm about things,,but I was wondering what your imput would be,,,should I wait a few more days to get with my paypal and protest,,and give him a neg. frm heck cause of no answer????Sorry...I just wondered if I'm hurrying things too,,but with no mail back frm him and he got my money...Sry,,had to vent and wanted input......

Did you pay for it? Did you get an invoice? Have you tried sending a general message through Ebay on "ask this seller a question" button? Some people get so many messages per day that if it's not an email they know it's junk mail.

I'd be pi**ed off too, I sell a lot of saw parts on eBay myself. I ship within 24 hours of recieving payment, stand behind what I sell, answer emails promptly and always use tracking on the packages I ship out. That way I can find out what's going on if a customer contacts me about not recieving their package in a reasonable amount of time. I have many repeat customers because I go the extra mile for them.

I'm not trying to toot my own horn here, just saying that most eBay sellers are good honest people that have their sh*t together, but there are others that just don't care about their customers - as soon as they get paid they're done and don't follow through with their transactions promptly and could care less about customer satisfaction. What's his feedback look like?

I'd report it to eBay, he'll probably do something about it if eBay gets involved. Also, you might also be able to get the sellers phone # and call him. If you paid via pay-pal they might be able to do something about it as well.

Maybe it's a date problem. I, too, purchased something on the 20th and paid PayPal immediately. Since then, no emails, no shipment, no anything, I'm giving it til the two-week point. And mine was from someone who maintains an "ebay store." This is my very first purchase, and ebay tells newbies that it is common for the seller to email the buyer very shortly to say thanks for buying and/or paying whatever and then again when item is shipped and how shipped.

So far, I'm not too worried. But I'll keep an eye on this string, nonetheless....

I am definitely leery of buying a chainsaw or rebuilding parts this way, though....

are you referring to a brake housing assembly ? for the pm 700 ? 216056 part # ?
calvin
about the seller on ebay if i were you i would not waste time i would contact ebay about it

i hardly ever put things for sell on there i have all my parts obsolete etc. on my store most with pictures to back the item up

Last edited:
1/OPEN DISPUTE- EBAY left hand column.
2/Get contact details from Ebay -My community.Type in his user name and item number.Left hand -contact details.Should give his phone number.
There's usually a simple explanation / death in the family / unforeseen dramas !!
Only reason I'm suss is cause you see the same one re-listed.3/Send him my message to the one re-listed .
4/ As has been said check you don't have an email invoice from him with his
e -address to contact him.

GOOD LUCK

are you referring to a brake housing assembly ? for the pm 700 ? 216056 part # ?
calvin
about the seller on ebay if i were you i would not waste time i would contact ebay about it

i hardly ever put things for sell on there i have all my parts obsolete etc. on my store most with pictures to back the item up
You would sell a lot more of your obsolete parts if you listed them or had an Ebay store. But be warned not everybody is willing to pay retail price for parts. Most go to Ebay looking for a deal just like you have in acquiring a lot of your parts. No, you may not get retail, or what you want every time for a part, but if you sell it for more than you have in it you are turning a profit. Small profits add up, parts sitting on your shelf don't.

Stipes, I would get his phone # through Ebay and contact him. If that don't work the file a complaint with Ebay the system works most of the time.

Last edited:
Back