Saw retrieval help...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsawbob1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Can anyone out there help me out? Does anyone have any contact with Dennis Greffard? He has a saw of mine that I shipped to him a very long time ago. For the last 7 months I've made many contacts to get him to send my saw back. He said it's done but I can't get him to send it back. I had a friend that was traveling in the area where he lives and he contacted Dennis to let him know he would drop by to get it. Dennis turned him away. I feel that my saw is history. It was new too. I don't know what to do about it so if anyone can help I would appreciate it. See ya.
Bob
www.echo-usa/king

my thoughts

1. find out where he is you need a location.
2. call the sherriff etc for that area and contact the states attorney general
( may work may not)
3. look into serving him with court papers. small claims etc.
4. Why did you send him a saw and he refuse to give it back?? The post office might do a mail fraud (but they cant even deliver day to day correctly):dizzy:
5. contact a lawyer if it is a very valuable item
6. pay him a visit and get to bottom of it:chainsaw:

havvey said:
1. find out where he is you need a location.
2. call the sherriff etc for that area and contact the states attorney general
( may work may not)
3. look into serving him with court papers. small claims etc.
4. Why did you send him a saw and he refuse to give it back?? The post office might do a mail fraud (but they cant even deliver day to day correctly):dizzy:
5. contact a lawyer if it is a very valuable item
6. pay him a visit and get to bottom of it:chainsaw:
I don't any of the first 5 will work, # 6 may if you take your friend with you. the one with the nose leaning to one side and his eyes seem to be looking at you no mater where his head points. Ha,

certified mail

Send him a letter certified mail, return receipt and inform him that if you do not have the saw returned by xx date that you will contact local and state law enforcement agencies, and federal agencies (if it crossed state lines), as I think this would qualify as theft if you have made repeated requests that it be returned with no such action.

MarkG

sugarbush said:
I don't any of the first 5 will work, # 6 may if you take your friend with you. the one with the nose leaning to one side and his eyes seem to be looking at you no mater where his head points. Ha,
Now that that i've gotten over bust'n a gut here's what i think you really should do. (Also I was a word short in my smart a-s reply but i'm sure you got it.) take him to small claims court. may be only recoarse you have.

yukiginger said:
Send him a letter certified mail, return receipt and inform him that if you do not have the saw returned by xx date that you will contact local and state law enforcement agencies, and federal agencies (if it crossed state lines), as I think this would qualify as theft if you have made repeated requests that it be returned with no such action.

MarkG

It crossed federal lines. Dennis is a Canuck in BC. Another broken promise. That sucks dude. I hope you get your saw back.

Newfie hit it on the head. Greffards shop is in BC. About 7 hours drive from me one way... He has a business building saws to perform. I have no idea how he could stay in business this way. I've tried email, phone and such but I get the same song and dance. "If" I do catch him on the phone or get and email reply, It's always "I'll ship it today, no problem" and a variance of excuses that teeter on BS. I'm a big guy and have never ever had a problem at the bar. Heavy into martial arts too so I wouldnt be afraid to talk to him in person. It's just the logistics of it all. I shipped it UPS. Cost me $100 to get it there. Anyone else out there considering him for anyting? Stay away. He's not a good businessman. No ethics. I should have gone with Walkers shop instead. I have another saw to send out. I just have a bad taste in my mouth after all this.:censored:
See ya.
Bob

Maybe someone over at Hotsaws has a relationship with him and can get him off the dime. In the meantime keep bashing him here. Perfect use of this site is to know who not to deal with.

wradman said:
Where In Bc Is He Give Us The Dirt

Clearwater. There were a number of people here who had some issues. Most have been resolved, but apparently not all. Quite a few unhappy individuals over dealings with him.

chainsawbob1 said:
Can anyone out there help me out? Does anyone have any contact with Dennis Greffard? .....

Bob
www.echo-usa/king

Bob, that link will work a lot better if you make it www.echo-usa.com/king

Hope you get your saw back. I had a similar situation with a custom pistolsmith. Very highly recommended by some knowledgable people, but was totally disorganized. Good at excuses, though.

Sounds like your guy is 10x worse, though.

I like your carving. You are in a rare class. Most chainsaw artists really aren't very good. You certainly are.

Ever seen this guy's stuff?

too cool

Hey thanks for the link to the Bearman's site. Just when you think you've met all the carvers in the world, another shows up... Talented for sure. You can tell he's been at it awhile. The man is a genious. I'm still a novice compared to his work. I've been at it 7 years and I hope I have a lot more left.

As for mr. Greffard, eventually I'll catch up with him. What would the RCMP say about it? Are there laws governing it to help me? Sucks to be me... See ya.
Bob

I swear Ive heard this song before....

It seems like yesterday, OK maybe 18 months to 2 years. This whole thing was all aired out and he was bashed over the coals left and right. Came back, made promises to be straight and narrow, keep deals above board, return saws, money, etc.

Its like dejavu all over again. :greenchainsaw:

chainsawbob1 said:
Hey thanks for the link to the Bearman's site.

You're welcome!

chainsawbob1 said:
Just when you think you've met all the carvers in the world, another shows up... Talented for sure. You can tell he's been at it awhile. The man is a genious.

He's a good showman, too, when he does carving in public. Very nice guy, and plays a mean banjo. Dobro, too.

chainsawbob1 said:
I'm still a novice compared to his work. I've been at it 7 years and I hope I have a lot more left.

Novice? Your people figures are fabulous! I think he's got the edge with the animals, but you are in the same league, from what I've seen.

chainsawbob1 said:
As for mr. Greffard, eventually I'll catch up with him.

Hope you do. From what's been posted on this thread, my guess is he's not a scam artist, just hopelessly disorganized and doesn't take his customers seriously enough.

No matter how GOOD he is, that kind of person is not someone I'd want to do business with.

the visit mentioned was what worked in my day. now everybody panics and pulls hardware on u . if they scared its a better chance for u to get shot.
i kinda liked the simple way tho. very seldom did it come dn to getting dn to buisiness. u just had to be willin if it did.if u wasnt sure u meant buisiness,, dont even bother.age has taught me to weigh the thing, as to if its is even worth it.

An update

So I talked to the RCMP at the urging of a few of you... Turns out I didn't need them. You see because my very good friend Dan Hicks, formerly of CANNON Bar Works, called me last week. He says "what's that guys name that has your saw?" I tell him Dennis Greffard. Dan says OK I'll call you back a bit later. A bit later goes by and I get the call. Hey Bob he says, so I got out of the truck after talking to you, walk into Greffards open but seemingly abandoned shop and I'm looking around, calling for anyone that might be working, and find in the back of the shop on the floor, a box of what appears to be an ECHO CS8000 in parts.
So he walks outside, around to the nearby house and knocks. This dude answers, Dan asks if he's Dennis. Dennis says yeah, I'm Dennis, can I help you? I'm here to pick up Bob Kings saw. Dennis says Oh, I shipped it out a couple day's ago... So that wouldn't be it on the floor in a box in your shop? (Looooooooooooooooooong pause and nervous behavior by Dennis) Yeah, OK, that's Bob's saw. Dan says I'll be taking it then, Bye. Nothing more said.
Dan calls me back, tells me I owe him lobster dinner. DONE!!!!!!! Holly crap!

What an absolute compulsive lyar! I've heard more BS than anyone should have to take!! One year people! He had that saw ONE YEAR!!!!!! Didn't even get it done, still in pieces! :censored: EVERYONE OUT THERE IN CHAIN SAW LAND PLEASE STAY CLEAR OF DENNIS GREFFARD IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE LIED TO AND DECIEVED INTO BELIEVING HE WOULD HAVE YOUR SAW RIGHT TO YOU. ONE YEAR.
I've never run into anyone more crooked. And I've seen a lot.
Dan my friend, you are golden. Dan now works for Baileys and is the hardest working rep in this business I've met to this day. And for him to take his own time and retrieve my saw for me... Wow!
I will be monitoring this forum for the rest of my life if I have to to steer anyone clear of Greffards shop. I have quite a lot of contacts around the world and I'll do everything I can to ensure he doesn't work on another saw. Poor bastard, he's his own worst enemy and he doesn't even know it... See ya.
Bob

That's great to hear, Bob. Luckily, all my dealings with Dennis were before he started being such a head case. I went to two Revival's, had a blast, shot loads of pics, put on a climbing demo at the second one, and had him build a bunch of saws for me, including a 3120 that is a screamer!

Nice website! I was just contacting carvers, as we had about 270 linear feet of redwood logs to give away. Ended up letting someone building a log cabin up at Alpental have them.

Latest posts

Back