Saw this guy in the back yard today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Efisher26

Tinkerer
Reaction score
45c1649d35b52a7c05ba5d53a9ac08a0.jpg
the leaning tree is being held by a branch at the top, base of tree is rotted. under that tree is my fence, the neighbors fence and another neighbor shed. Had to make calls to trees service co's. bucket truck needed. :(

-•------------------------------------------------------------

Just a home owner that likes the older better made machines

Craftsman 3.7
Echo 290evl

Dismantle your fence section, hook a rope to the top and strap it to a dually Hemi... go to town with a Silky Zubat at the base :D Problem solved.

Lol

Craftsman 3.7
Echo 290evl

Got a quote, said I need a crane.... kill me now

Craftsman 3.7
Echo 290evl

Is it the skinny tree that is leaning almost 30deg to the ground, or the bigger one with leaves on it? If its the skinny one, why not talk to your neighbor and have him sign a non-liability waiver (since its gonna fall sooner or later and everyone will have to pay their own damages due to court and insurance adjusters seeing it as an 'Act of God'), rope it around the fat one or the other one to the right, and use a polesaw to chunk it in 2' sections?

4 tree sevices gave me quotes, they all said they wouldn't without a crane because as soon as u cut anything it's goin strait down on sheds and fences. My deductible is cheaper, by $100, and I'd rather not deal with neighbors I don't know. An hr of crane work is easier and I cut it up and proses it.

Craftsman 3.7
Echo 290evl

4b8d0dab01e0da520507e0dbecba23f7.jpg
83ad516df3aa5084f5f115d1d1190c65.jpg
ab1d0812ef31545f4e0b9a6bce54ea12.jpg
got the best angles I could to show just how crappy of a situation this is. The shed and wood fence in background is under the tree

Craftsman 3.7
Echo 290evl

Lol

Craftsman 3.7
Echo 290evl

Why can't a tree service with a bucket rope it to that live and larger tree while they cut the top off of the leaner to stabilize it?

Then work their way down until it is not threatening the fence and shed. Maybe the angles are all wrong and I can't tell from the pictures though. It looks like that tree could be rigged from the top to the bigger tree and be pulleyed down after a few cuts to free it up.

Just an idea. I only have a little bit of bucket truck/problem tree experience. I'm usually just the mechanic.

It's somthing to do with vehicle placement, they would have to go into neighbors yard, and that ain't happnin.

Craftsman 3.7
Echo 290evl

Latest posts

Back