Sawdust cleanup??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats about the time were this sticker comes in handy

105622661v35_350x350_Front.jpg

Wow I agree with that sticker all the way !!!!!!

Derailed thread.

For sawdust cleanup I also use a backpack blower. Minimize the amount that gets on the ground in the first place (tarp near cuts). Rake and blower. I justify the price of the bower any day. Saves tons of time in the cleanup. (Time = Money). Big plus is the customer praising the cleanup. (Usually cleaner than before we arrived).

"The right to bear arms"? - Is this ability to have short sleeve shirts???:clap:

Yea its pretty important to disperse those wood chips and saw dust it will kill the grass in those areas , we always try to blow that stuff around as much as possible , it also really does a number on english ivy and perenials ..

I use the blower vac.

After the vac I put it in kraft bags.
Fill them up and throw on the fire once the coals are red.
It burns a little like fine coal or coal dust;
Stays together as a mass and breaks off as it burns.
Decent heat and no stirring the fire. Of course I added a piece of fine steel mesh above the iron grates. You don't want to poker it much though.

Man I don't know...I just can't see the biggest
gas powered tool to be a blower.
I like my little STIHL grab, blow and drop out of the way blower.
captaincaveman.jpg

Last edited:
back pack blower is the way to go if you got room on the truck.
I hear ya guys. I'm all about cleaning a yard better than when we got there but when it comes to a foot of leaves before we start, it would be nice to push them back out of the way. My blower will do it but a backpack blower would definitely get'er done.

I feel like a drown rat...workin in the :censored: rain all day, but customer's getting a shed delivered and I gotta get 7 medium Oaks outta the way first. Lots of nice firewood though!!!!!

Anyway looks like a blower is definitely in my near future. Gonna do some shopping around and see if I can find something with some power and a vac option. (Reasonably priced of course - if that's possible!!)

Cleanup is very important to me. I get a good bit of return customers, but even more than that are the neighbors of customers. Seems like for every job I do, I get at least 1 more job from one of their neighbors. The job I was at today was the fourth job I had all within less than a block of each other in the past year. I put a lot of effort into cleanup and apparently it's paying off. I was just looking for a quicker easier way of doing it.

Workin in the rain was still better than working in a plant all day!!!

wet/dry vac does a great job!

If your worried about lawns, then there is certainly an outlet nearby????

wet/dry vac does a great job!

If your worried about lawns, then there is certainly an outlet nearby????

Excuse me mam would you have an electrical outlet I could use I want to vacuum your lawn...

Not me man.

Excuse me mam would you have an electrical outlet I could use I want to vacuum your lawn...

Not me man.

Too bad your too good for it because it works better thananything I've tried other than using my Toro zero turn with the wind tunnel attached, but that doesn't go to tree jobs.
First time i thought of someone using a shop vac on the grass, I thought they were something strange. Until, until i seen how fast an easy the clean-up was!

I don't need an electrical outlet nearby anyways, i've got a generator on my truck!:clap:

Too bad your too good for it because it works better thananything I've tried other than using my Toro zero turn with the wind tunnel attached, but that doesn't go to tree jobs.
First time i thought of someone using a shop vac on the grass, I thought they were something strange. Until, until i seen how fast an easy the clean-up was!

I don't need an electrical outlet nearby anyways, i've got a generator on my truck!:clap:

Hey what ever works for you. I am just a little hesitant to look like retard vacuuming someones lawn. Not to mention big jobs you would have to empty the thing 20 times. Do you shampoo after really dirty jobs?
1317245353_c167cc0b2c.jpg

Last edited:
1317245353_c167cc0b2c.jpg

Now that's funny. This guy is worried about sawdust when he has vines growing on his fence, weeds, sucks in a tree he could clean out, with even a ladder. And he doesn't hardly have any grass.
2637728339.jpg

Last edited:
Just wondering what you guys do to cleanup the sawdust from the lawns after a removal? I like to leave the yard looking as nice as possible afterward but trying to rake up all that mess just seems impossible. Plus I hate raking!! :mad:

However it's the little things like this that help give you a good name and keep the customers coming so I do my best.

I was thinking about getting a chipper/vac or a hand held blower/vac, but I'm not sure how they'd work. Any ideas or suggestions???

This site ROCKS!!!

I hold 2 rakes together 1 on top of the other. I can get 90% of it up, the rest will be gone in a few yard cuts. Give it a try, Its easy. Works great for stump grindings as well.:cheers:

I hold 2 rakes together 1 on top of the other. I can get 90% of it up, the rest will be gone in a few yard cuts. Give it a try, Its easy. Works great for stump grindings as well.:cheers:

Thanks Henry111...I'm going to try that one tomorrow.

I pulled my back out last week and haven't been working since.......Can't wait to get back out there tomorrow!!!!!

I need to taste some sawdust!
:p

dusting

To minimize cleanup i try to block the sawdust stream with my right shin while cutting (always watch where your legs are!!!).....this puts the majority of the dust in a pile rather than spread about......to clean it...there's nothing that will clean like good ole rakin!!

Latest posts

Back