saws I see in japan for sale. (not a for sale thread)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
look at the link below, every thing from ancient Mac's as well as Sachs (Sach 110 worth anything?) see something you like let me know I can bid and ship for you. Serious no BS'ers only as If I bid and win I have to buy. shipping would be USPS from my base to you so shipping is cheap. There is even a few that I am looking at, though heavens knows I don't need any more to take up space in the shop.

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/catego...606/?p=チェーンソー&tab_ex=commerce&istatus=2&b=201

Some neat stuff there. Thank you for your service Ken! I'll keep this in mind for after Christmas. Can you give me a rough exchange rate? All the prices show in Yen.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Some neat stuff there. Thank you for your service Ken! I'll keep this in mind for after Christmas. Can you give me a rough exchange rate? All the prices show in Yen.

At present exchange rates:

1 US$ = 117 yen
1 € = 133 yen
1£ = 149 yen

Is it just an impression or most of the saws there look very little used if not almost new?

1 US$ = 117 yen
1 € = 133 yen
1£ = 149 yen

Is it just an impression or most of the saws there look very little used if not almost new?
Thanks. They sure do look to be in very good condition.

1 US$ = 117 yen
1 € = 133 yen
1£ = 149 yen

some saws are bought by novices and they will tend to be very lightly used, with long periods of sitting in sheds....they will also be the most apt to need carb work, or be straight gassed....though the chances are probably lower here then in the states due to the preponderance of 2 strokes up until the last 10 years...people are just used to 2 strokes... but the gummed up carbs are a very common thing here....people buy the best thats available to them here as a status symbol.....I have met quite a few who swear up and down that only model XXXXXX should be used and all else are junk... they can be a hard headed lot at times. the ones used by pro are more apt to be set at sea level and then rarely adjusted after that....they would rather lose a little umph then fart with the saw. so expect extra carbon buildup from running rich at elevation as well as P&C scarring from carbon flaking off. one thing is I cannot see these in person prior to bidding, and if its a stinker, its your loss...just offering the chance look at the photos, realize that none of them are willing to pull a muffler to show the piston nor run a comp gauge.....they invariably list them as sold as is no guarantees.

Ken

some saws are bought by novices and they will tend to be very lightly used, with long periods of sitting in sheds....they will also be the most apt to need carb work, or be straight gassed....though the chances are probably lower here then in the states due to the preponderance of 2 strokes up until the last 10 years...people are just used to 2 strokes... but the gummed up carbs are a very common thing here....people buy the best thats available to them here as a status symbol.....I have met quite a few who swear up and down that only model XXXXXX should be used and all else are junk... they can be a hard headed lot at times. the ones used by pro are more apt to be set at sea level and then rarely adjusted after that....they would rather lose a little umph then fart with the saw. so expect extra carbon buildup from running rich at elevation as well as P&C scarring from carbon flaking off. one thing is I cannot see these in person prior to bidding, and if its a stinker, its your loss...just offering the chance look at the photos, realize that none of them are willing to pull a muffler to show the piston nor run a comp gauge.....they invariably list them as sold as is no guarantees.

Ken
Kind of surprising they don't care to maintain the equipment since they're known for building such reliable stuff.

Kind of surprising they don't care to maintain the equipment since they're known for building such reliable stuff.

thats why they build such good stuff so that a person can buy something and not have to dink with it for its expected life span...in japan that is about 15 years for a car, and 5~7 years for anything smaller.

thats why they build such good stuff so that a person can buy something and not have to dink with it for its expected life span...in japan that is about 15 years for a car, and 5~7 years for anything smaller.
Good point but bad gas and carb issues just can't be ignored anymore. Something we're all dealing with. Fairly simple to avoid these problems but it's surprising how many don't do it.

Very generous offer! Out of curiosity have you mailed any saws back to US before and about how much was it? Just to have an idea of what add on there will be. Obviously weight and size are bad factors but it’s a rough estimate

... this very generous offer may push prices up a bit over here :cool:
There still are a number of really good deals out there, but used stuff was a lot cheaper in Japan a few years ago.
Larger saws can be had at a real bargain - patience and timing pays.

It sounds like it will go through the military usps so it would go as a U.S. priority mail package.
Very generous offer! Out of curiosity have you mailed any saws back to US before and about how much was it? Just to have an idea of what add on there will be. Obviously weight and size are bad factors but it’s a rough estimate

it would be USPS. my zip is 96349 city state are FPO-AP so you can quickly calculate to your own home if you know the approximate weight. as long as I am not doing this as a business (and neither is the recipient) then its legal, and no worries..if someone is looking at it exclusively as a business to make money sorry I cannot help you

... this very generous offer may push prices up a bit over here :cool:
There still are a number of really good deals out there, but used stuff was a lot cheaper in Japan a few years ago.
Larger saws can be had at a real bargain - patience and timing pays.
SEAM I am doing you a favor.....come on..300 saws???? I am probably saving you from some unheard of terrible beating by your wife or girlfriend in the future.....You should be sending me some tasty oysters, or clams from that side of Japan just because in the future this will help save you ;) honestly I do not think that many will bite, as the reshipping (and packing if neccessary) will add quite a bit to the price....but for guys looking for that one part... to fix their saw, or that one saw to complete their collection, it might be worth it.

not directly but I have done the opposite,and a 372 cost me 40 USD one time and the second one was 70 USD so it depends upon the weight how its packed etc. this is more for that guy tht needs a part form a particular saw that he can't find, or that one saw to complete a model lineup etc...
in reality I was looking at that older mac and the dolmar as candidates doe to their age, thoguh it might be easier to get those in better shape in the states...I have no clue to be honest.

Latest posts

Back