Saws stolen, deciding between....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"You do know that you can’t shoot someone for stealing your stuff right? Unless they’re in your house."

No reasonable prudent person is going to shoot someone simply for stealing.

However, in Ohio and many other States the Castle Doctrine is in place. This means that you do not have to retreat to your residence or vehicle, and that you can use deadly force if/when the necessary elements are in place. That changes the game considerably from what it was several years ago when we had to drag them inside after we shot them. Now we just shoot them where they stand and leave them where they fall.....LOL......Cliff

That was the problem. All my firewood, my splitter, and my maintenance tools were being stored at a friend's nearby vacant lot, about 30 miles from where I live. The theft took place about five days prior to his death, so nothing was being watched. I learned that he was in hospice, under morphine. Throat and lung cancer killed him.

These thieves were like jackals, hyenas, or buzzards. I reported the theft to the sheriff, but he offered no hope. Many times the thieves have a buyer and the stolen goods get hauled out of the county or even the state.
Yeah, it sounds like in your case you were kinda at the mercy of the thieves. I knew a couple of people that lived out in the country away from everything that when they left for church or work then the thieves knew how long they had to steal their stuff. One of them had a whole garage full of fertilizer stolen while they were at church...

To bad you all live where you do
My house is unlocked all the time i don't even carry keys for it.
My trucks cars at home and work keys in all of them,including the Kenworths
I do have my work shop and store locked with an alarm system.But i will leave the shop open a dozen times a year or so,it is right by my 24 hour gas and diesel cardlock so there are people around.
Don't have to worry about ticks either,no snakes,no rats.Taxs are cheep and wood is free.

You do know that you can’t shoot someone for stealing your stuff right? Unless they’re in your house.
actually you can...you might spend some time in the pokey for it but there is nothing physically stopping you... Just putting it out there, thieves these days think they are safe as everyone they meet or know is a pansy ass not willing to serve time. Got news for them cocksuckers... life sentence is not nearly as worrisome after you hit 50 or 60.

Back