Saw's Stolen

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anything to slow them down is worth trying. But nothing can totally stop them. Witness the times people have stolen gun safes and left a 4' wide hole in the side of the house, or the much more frequent theft of entire ATMs.

That's the key...slow Them Down.
Perps don't want to be do'in their business for long, it greatly increases their risk...They want in and out QUICK.

Here in LA there's a new trend..."Mace" the guard dogs. It's hard to defend against that, and the perps move very quickly.

My saws are safe...IF anyone gets by our two (95lb and 120lb) German Sheperds, They face steel doors and 6pin locks.

If were home, they face a family of trained marksmen, and enough firepower to make a drug cartel envy.

If were gone, they will be filled with the knowledge that I will hunt them down, to the ends of the Earth, so that justice may be done upon them...

Excellent point, hopefully someone in that area can be watching the pawn shops.

The local Police have pawn lists of items that are sent to them on a weekly basis. I don't know how sophisticated or service oriented your local Police are but they may help. Pawn shops themselves are very uncooperative. If you find an item that is yours and you have a Police report, they have to give it up.

I hope you guys have better luck with your local police helping out than the ones in our area. They won't even come out and take a report. A neighbor had a four wheeler stole and they wouldn't even come out, they called him a month later and asked him if he had any luck finding it.

I hope you guys have better luck with your local police helping out than the ones in our area. They won't even come out and take a report. A neighbor had a four wheeler stole and they wouldn't even come out, they called him a month later and asked him if he had any luck finding it.

If there is nothing to investigate, why would they? They removed the evidence from the crime scene when they stole the tractor. If you have no suspect(s) for them to pursue, a visit is useless. They would normally take the serial #, make and model and enter it into NCIC to see if someone recovers it down the road.

"Bill Of Sale"

Most of private transactions are done with a handshake. I shudder to think of the day when I need carbon triplicate forms for horse-tradin'.

No kidding,I do alot of trading/bartering and I'd be in trouble keeping up with everything!

Customer called this morning with some sad news....

Stolen was a like new 7900 serial # 0707181117 and a 455 rancher not sure of serial # but has a crack above oil pump through the crankcase saw still runs but has damage under side cover from thrown chain.....A well used MS180 was also taken .......

Saws and air tools were taken from garage this past weekend.....In WI.

If the 7900 shows up on ebay let me know or craigs list .....

Have had dozens of companies hit over the last 6 months. We cover all of Pa. and NJ. and have been watching areas being hit every week or so. Month back 6 companies and a saw shop got hit in uor area, few weeks before that Southern Jersey within 20 miles of each other another 7 plus. Nothern Jersey near Sparta area, 3 were hit this week.

Out near Pitt/Ohio region there has been alot of big hits, tree and l/s companies, saw shop, l/s shops, etc.

Haven't a clue wtf all these saws are going...

The revolving door of the court system has been replaced by a slide, can't get them back on the street fast enough. It has to do with money, and the lack of it. At our little jail, we only keep violent felonies, sex offenders and DV restraining order violations. And of course, mother####ing State inmates. we used to have a fine selection of thugs, druggies, hoes, thieves and traffic recedivists. Now we have a fine selection of perverts, murderers, thugs and such. All most everything else is booked and released. There isn't any room to put them all, maybe we should start deporting them to Cuba or Mexico.

I like how the guy selling the saws says he didn't know the saws were stollen. I'd like to see who he knows to beat that rap. Probably the theifs supplier. There to me in lies this whole problem. His accompliss walks by saying,''I didn't know the saws were stolen.'' and he's not charged. Did the cops say to the seller, ''Yea, that guy fills in as a lumber jack when he's not driving get away cars. We understand your confusion.''

Latest posts

Back