Saws tuned with E10, now getting nonE gas Retune?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VTWoodchuck

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My saws have limiters removed and tuned by a buddy who used to work at a saw shop. Local gas station now has ethanol free premium that I've started using along with stihl syn oil. Would this negatively my saws?
After taking the summer off I got back at it today, dropped a few nice maples. Man I love runnin a saw!

Last edited:
My saws have limiters removed and tuned by a buddy who used yo work at a saw shop. Local station now has ethanol free premium that I've started using along with stihl syn oil. Would this negatively my saws?
After taking the summer off I hot back at it today, dropped a few nice maples. Man I love runnin a saw!

Most likely your saws were tuned rich as a result of the ethanol fuel, so they may be running somewhat more rich on the ethanol free gas.

The degree to which they are running too rich is variable. If you start four stroking constantly and seem to have fewer RPMS then this means you're running rich and can lean things out, but I think you're probably fine. Carbon buildup is less of a concern if you're using synth oil so there's really not much to worry about.

Latest posts

Back