Saws With An Attitude

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenskip1

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Does anyone have a saw with a bad attitude? Not your attitude but the saws? Most of my saws are mild tempered. They mind me and and do what is requested. However,, my Husky 51 has a bad ass attitude.It starts easily enough and simply tears into the cut.OK ass hole feed me some more! And I do.This saw reminds me of "Eddie Haskel" on a tv show. I feed it quality brew and it never complains. It simply has that look and the performance of a small say on steroids, with a shot of nitro mixed in the mix.This saw has had a new life since I rescued it from the scrap pile. Owner could not get it running. He bought it from a friend. Well I payed the man just what he payed and put in a new gas line and presto.I now call this saw "Tazz" Anyway Tazz is now resting along with my 041, 025, and 445.
With all the political crap on I thought that a little humor was due. Ken

Does anyone have a saw with a bad attitude? Not your attitude but the saws? Most of my saws are mild tempered. They mind me and and do what is requested. However,, my Husky 51 has a bad ass attitude.It starts easily enough and simply tears into the cut.OK ass hole feed me some more! And I do.This saw reminds me of "Eddie Haskel" on a tv show. I feed it quality brew and it never complains. It simply has that look and the performance of a small say on steroids, with a shot of nitro mixed in the mix.This saw has had a new life since I rescued it from the scrap pile. Owner could not get it running. He bought it from a friend. Well I payed the man just what he payed and put in a new gas line and presto.I now call this saw "Tazz" Anyway Tazz is now resting along with my 041, 025, and 445.
With all the political crap on I thought that a little humor was due. Ken

Your 51 is stock? You got some saws to try if you think it has an attitude. They are good runners but there are saws that would just slaughter them.

Wild Thing!
I one hundred percent agree.
I was ready to work so was it. Then i wanted a break then it did too. Then i wanted to work agan and it said screw you not ready. Then 50 or so pulls later and lots of cussing it would finally fire up with a attitude for about five mins then want to work.
Man i miss that saw. Not lol.

Chain saw personality. I like this idea. My best saws do not mind me referring to them as "she" or "her". They tend to perform better whenever I do. They shut down or act up whenever I say "it". I contend that these machines are half human. So is my truck for that matter. What says the forum?

Chain saw personality. I like this idea. My best saws do not mind me referring to them as "she" or "her". They tend to perform better whenever I do. They shut down or act up whenever I say "it". I contend that these machines are half human. So is my truck for that matter. What says the forum?
Haha I have driven a box truck at work that needed to be called names and smacked on the dash to get from stalling to running correctly on a frequent basis. The dashboard smacking was needed and the cuss words were only needed once your hand started hurting.

My ry3714 has developed a bad attitude since doing a muffler mod and adjusting the carburator. It likes eating with a full bar in the cut.

Until about 9 months ago I had never owned a saw over 60cc. So, I ran across a deal on a used 066. It was scratched and dinged up, small portion of the case broken off (did not affect saw operation or use), cracked top cover, etc. Basically all of this minor damage was due to it riding around in a service truck as a back-up saw that never got much use at all. So, for the first time, I fire up this big hoss and start cutting a 24" red oak log. WOW, talk about attitude. My dad was standing about 10 feet away and after I finished cutting the first firewood block I looked over a him and his eyes and mouth were wide open in surprise. Attitude pretty much sums up this saw in my book. I hope to get some time to pull the muffler later this fall to measure the bore and look for porting work. I find it hard to believe that a stock saw can run like that. Simply amazing!

Latest posts

Back