SawTroll and fishhuntcutwood, thanks for the advise!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYH1

Tacticle Chainsaw Operator.
Reaction score
You guys recommended using a "yellow chain" instead of the "green chain". So today I bought a PM chain for my 021. I can't believe how much better it cuts then the PM1 chain I had been using. Between switching from a 16 inch bar and chain down to a 14 inch bar and chain. Then going from the PM1 chain to the PM chain it cuts a 10 inch log in about 2/3's the time it did before! This saw in no powerhouse by any means, but by switching to the shorter bar and the PM chain it will work a lot better for me.

I'm going to get rid of the 20 inch bar and RM2 chain on my 029 and replace them with a 18 inch bar and RM chain. Again thanks for the advise!

Here is my original post. :laugh:

good forum

This is the only forum I have joined where people actually care about other people and try to help.Yeah sure there are a couple of "a" holes,but the sticky one is gone!Two more to go.Thanks to everyone for the help and the humor!Have a happy vets day Saturday,and just remember.
Ed

Back