Sawyer/climber apprentice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ykkzipper

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
## # I'm looking for employment as a sawyer/climber(trainee)in the downstate region of NY or north Jersey. I have just moved back to Orange county New York from Colorado. I love trees and I love being in the outdoors. I have experience with both government contracts/organizations as well as residential tree service companies # see-below. Everyone out east here is looking for a climber it seems, which is fine. I don't mind paying my dues. Either by paying for education including my 3'rd 4'th and fifth paycheck for classes or by an apprenticeship. ##

About me: I consider myself an extremely dedicated worker. I've worked many facets of the tree business but I don't carry an ego with me. I'm truly interested in being part of a professional crew that operates the right way and safely.#
#
2011-present
Sawyer
Small crew working in Denver, CO metro area as well as the mountains. Worked residential tree projects including hazard tree felling, and storm damage. Also involved in larger scale projects taking down hundreds of beetle kill pine and other hazard trees.

Three seasons total in AK on a trail crew. Two seasons as a trail crew leader.

2001, 2006, 2009 # # # # # # # # # # # # # # Americorps/SAGA # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # Juneau, AK

Crew Leader
Crew leader for a group of 6 “at risk” youth as well as adult crews. Coordinated with project managers and sponsors to plan and implement conservation and pubic safety projects for federal and state agencies throughout the state of Alaska. Projects included trail building from scratch to trail restoration. Also worked with the DOT clearing blind turns of trees on roads and chipping. Safety was always our number one priority. Facilitated the training of 44 crew members. Directed physically demanding projects in often remote locations.#

Latest posts

Back