SC 352 owners

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ROLLACOSTA said:
''GREY MATTER'' British slang for 'brain' used when talking about using common sense..get me ?? :)

EXAMPLE
Ahh you don't need a belt tensioner use your 'grey matter' [common sense/brain]

BRAINS ARE GREY IN COLOR AREN'T THEY..I guess thats where the saying comes from..:cheers:
LOL got it.....never heard of that before in the states.

they are pretty good, can get two and a bit good days on a tank... probably equats to 10-12 hours....a tank currently costs 20 quid in white but less obviously in cherry.....cherry is the way to go.......saves a bundle on petrol for the likes of a 1625 or 252..

all history now man. Garath is droping me a 352 on Tuesday. Just need to get shut of the 252 now. Thanks any way I'm now part of the club.

i am happy with mine, hope you are with yours......how do you feel about advertising together, as a stump grinders guild, the federation of stumpgrinders uk??? something like that, all have our own names but advertised nationally.....and you are the one in that area?? sounds good to me......website is easy and cheap...just need sto be set up ...cosy about 30 quid a year...only needs to be one or two pages...with links to the local rep.....ie you for (wolverhamton is it?)....just a reoccuring thought....not sure how much google is to advertise but if stumpbusters can do it so can we......

sorry about spelling, chelsea lost and there is a new real ale brewery a mile down the road.....some how the two are connected.....seriously stevie...a national group sharing national advertising costs is the way to go...rolla and lister agree in principle.

There's no argument any thing to bring attention to getting business from any angle is good. Cost wise well I don't know about you but I spend a :censored: fortune on Yellow Pages and to be honest even though I know I'v got to be in it's crap and a waste of money. My best stuff come's off the van, sending out mail shot's, stopping at the kerb talking to contractor's, i.e. tree guy's, landscaper's, paver's etc.... and recently I wen't through the Yellow Pages and text every one who advertised a mobile and beacuse I was placing my number direct into there phone I had good responce and probebly will in the month's to come. As for banding together Stump Buster seems to be every where it's has to be looked at.

Just as an after thought. I registered my web address 2 year's ago and done nothing with it. I have to get my arse in gear and get it done. But any one who is not in direct competition with me will be free to place there link on for there region. If im coming up on search sites shame to waste the viewing if im not in the customers area. What you think?

That is the gist of the idea....i will gladly add you to mine....but that getting found on search engines takes an age or money.....but links would be a start...good thinking steve..So when do you take delivery of the 352?

Garath is droping it straight to a job on Tuesday. Got a 4' beech so good test for it. Do you find the teeth last a little longer on the 352 being more of them?

stevieb said:
Garath is droping it straight to a job on Tuesday. Got a 4' beech so good test for it. Do you find the teeth last a little longer on the 352 being more of them?

Your teeth on the 252 would last longer than your 352 ,well thats been my experience...

Took delivery of the 352 yesterday, and what an animal. Can't see me getting rid of the 252 yet. The length of the machine bother's me a bit. I can see having access problem's where turning is required. It has over a foot extra on the 252 and with the 2 wheels at the back that cut's down the room as well. Rob you run that dosko which is now the danquip do you find that's all you need?

stevie,
i have problems getting though houses, that is all...the alpine magnum would be good there..... don't forget with the 352..perhaps you did this before.....use the cutting wheel to move the front wheels laterally...helps a lot..ie lift and position the wheels sideways if needed...

Yer i'm used to doing that with the 252. Not had it in any tight spot's yet so time will tell. I keep reaching for the wrong controls and I have lost count how many times I have run over my foot with the back wheel:cry: The visibility is poor compared to the 252 but I suppose it's a mater of adjusting.

steve stumpy etc
as blokes who use these machines all the time why does nearly every manf' use rayco teeth but i dont see much of there own machines why?

And to be honest when I was looking for a replacement machine I never even looked at the spec's or cost's of a Rayco, and I can't really give you an answer why.

Latest posts

Back