Sc252 bad bearings....please advise!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ckc189

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey,

This is my first time posting, I have read a lot of stuff on here the last couple of my weeks. Me and a buddy just bought a used sc252 to have a small part time business with and today we were going though doing all the maintenance (change oil, spark plugs, air/oil/fuel filters etc) but one thing we are having a problem with is the (I think bearings) that are on the bottom side of the machine. It's the ones that the whole head unit and cutter wheel platform pivots on. The whole head unit has a few inches of play in it so we need to replace them but I can not figure out what they are called or what sizes they are. Any help would be appreciated! Or part numbers to a cheaper option! Thanks!

Hey,

This is my first time posting, I have read a lot of stuff on here the last couple of my weeks. Me and a buddy just bought a used sc252 to have a small part time business with and today we were going though doing all the maintenance (change oil, spark plugs, air/oil/fuel filters etc) but one thing we are having a problem with is the (I think bearings) that are on the bottom side of the machine. It's the ones that the whole head unit and cutter wheel platform pivots on. The whole head unit has a few inches of play in it so we need to replace them but I can not figure out what they are called or what sizes they are. Any help would be appreciated! Or part numbers to a cheaper option! Thanks!

Is the play Left to Right or Up and Down?

It is mainly left to right, there is probably 4 to 5 inches of play both ways but it is not the hydraulics, there is also is a little bit of play up-and-down.

The pins that attach the hydraulic cylinders at each end have a wear bushing that are made of a hard plastic and wear pretty quickly. You can replace them with Vermeer bushings or go to the thread (252 upgrades ) and learn how to replace them with needle bearings.

The pins that attach the hydraulic cylinders at each end have a wear bushing that are made of a hard plastic and wear pretty quickly. You can replace them with Vermeer bushings or go to the thread (252 upgrades ) and learn how to replace them with needle bearings.

I am pretty positive it is not anything with the hydraulics, all the movement is in this pic I just don't know what is called or or if there are any aftermarket fixes for itView attachment 300603

That is the lower pivot. Yes the bushings are replaceable, but there a real pain to change. Before you try to change them there is a nut on one side of the pivot shaft. Tighten that nut as tight as you can get it and you may pick up enough slack to make it acceptable.

Back