SC252 Cutter Head Bearings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plyscamp

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
It has come to my attention that there is a stronger Cutter Head Bearing available in the aftermarket for the SC252. I posted a while back to use the UCP208-24 bearing. The UCPE208-24 Bearing has a much stronger housing with the same bearing. Simply add the " E " to the part# to order the better bearing.

Plyscamp, very interesting!
Do you see any advatages regarding the durability in using the the ucpe's stronger housing?

This week I change my bearings, already found UCPX08-24 and UCPX06-20 which have the better/bigger bearings but both are about 10mm too wide, the 08-24 even lifts the cutter shaft a few mm.

The type-e blocks seem to be the only but expensive improvement, or?

We run the 35HP Briggs on our 252's and occasionally we break the housings on the UCP bearings on hard impacts. The UCPE bearings seem to survive better in this situation.
Are all the ucp208-24 basically the same quality? I seen some on amazon for like 25 bucks. Will they work? Or is there light and heavy duty?

Thanks Plyscamp, so after the engine Upgrade, which may probably only be the 30 HP Kohler due to the right bolt on, I gonna switch to UCPEs.

Blaster, I think they are all similar as long as they come from a decent dealer. These are so widely used and have reached a Standard.

Back