Scored a Echo CS400 yesterday

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fsglover

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Picked up an Echo CS400
Yesterday. Please haters don't hate. Post said it had carb issues. When I met the guy he told me that he had took apart the carb and cleaned it (worried me)
But he said that he had done it before. Anyway put clean gas and checked fuel line and filter. Ran adjuster screws in and back out to recommended and turned up the idle. Runs like a new one. Made the muffler mod today. Ready to try out. Got a grand total of $20 and 30 min!!

Attachments

• IMG_0523.JPG
    IMG_0523.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0524.JPG
    IMG_0524.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 33
Great saw for $20 bucks...they have a lot of snot for a 40cc saw, especially after a muffler mod. The quality is top notch for a homeowner saw and they are dead solid reliable...hard to beat that.

I hate/envy you, but love the story. I wish I could stumble on a deal like that. I don't need another saw at all, but I would buy one like that in a heartbeat! What idiot sells a $300 saw that may need a $30 carb for $20! Wtf!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate/envy you, but love the story. I wish I could stumble on a deal like that. I don't need another saw at all, but I would buy one like that in a heartbeat! What idiot sells a $300 saw that may need a $30 carb for $20! Wtf!

an idiot i want to meet.... i got mine brand new one from a private person one from depot refurbed paid 200 each i felt pretty happy with my deal........ his deal is a you suck LOL

I'm guessing the brand new I got for $125 today was a decent price? Thank you all for your comments as I researched the CS400 on here before buying it. I'm a Stihl guy but I figured it'd be good to have a back up saw.

Latest posts

Back