Scroungers felling trees on other people's land

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A buddy from high school who also works where I do just approached me about some trees in his yard, I know his house. I told him I'd gladly take them once a professional gets them safely on the ground. Silver maples. I know I know I know..... But my owb can still burn it during the shoulder season or something.

A buddy from high school who also works where I do just approached me about some trees in his yard, I know his house. I told him I'd gladly take them once a professional gets them safely on the ground. Silver maples. I know I know I know..... But my owb can still burn it during the shoulder season or something.
i've been burning silver maple all winter in my owb. i'm actually impressed with how hot and long it burns, and leaves a nice bed of coals too. I like it better than siberian elm.

i've been burning silver maple all winter in my owb. i'm actually impressed with how hot and long it burns, and leaves a nice bed of coals too. I like it better than siberian elm.
Yea I have used a little, it's always better than nothing lol I had no complaint with it. An OWB really changes everything in ways, you don't notice the BTU output so much as the consumption. They go hand in hand, but you notice these things differently. Hard to explain. Lol they're definitely not picky about what you burn in then.

Yea I have used a little, it's always better than nothing lol I had no complaint with it. An OWB really changes everything in ways, you don't notice the BTU output so much as the consumption. They go hand in hand, but you notice these things differently. Hard to explain. Lol they're definitely not picky about what you burn in then.
agreed!!! I would prefer burning a mix of 75% silvermaple 25% oak vs 100% oak.

Latest posts

Back