Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since you guys like pictures.....576xp behind a 192t. Theres a 30cc poulan behind the 576 in the box. Cant even see it.
Unless I was interested in climbing trees, I'd sell that top handle to finance a 50cc saw which is missing in your lineup. I'd keep that little poulan and do a muffler mod on it and it makes a fine small scrounging tool once it has a good chain. 576 I'd just polish it up and hug it, cut a couple pieces and take pics and post them here!

Unless I was interested in climbing trees, I'd sell that top handle to finance a 50cc saw which is missing in your lineup. I'd keep that little poulan and do a muffler mod on it and it makes a fine small scrounging tool once it has a good chain. 576 I'd just polish it up and hug it, cut a couple pieces and take pics and post them here!
I have a 50cc....its in the shop. The poulan already has a MM. Its a screamer. I wanted the 192 for limbing once the tree is down. When I get to the bigger parts I'll go to the 50 or the Husky. The little poulan I like to use as a felling saw just in case somethin stupid happens Im not ruining a good saw.

Had a nasty nasty storm come through yesterday. Had friends a street over with a nice red oak come down. Unfortunately there was some property damage. I showed up to see if they were OK. Ended up helping cut up a bit of the tree. Still a lot left but they just wanted to clear the yard. He wants to have the rest of the tree taken down. I told him to call me to help after its on the ground. I told him I will bring the splitter. He sent me home with a nice load of oak for the help. He didn't need to. I plan to help him get the rest done and split.

The 365xt ran like a champ today through the red oak. I guess it was acting funny last week because it sat for about a year. Guess I need to run it more often. My friend said wow that saw cuts fast. I told him that was because the chain was sharp. His chain was really dull.

e0aa44fa32eb305052619d3f100607a9.jpg

8f9b8cdb8b74440bf6660b0c0a10984c.jpg

88ee320aabc776830cf67cd6e0940b9c.jpg

IMG_1173.JPG IMG_1165.JPG IMG_1166.JPG IMG_1167.JPG IMG_1168.JPG IMG_1169.JPG IMG_1172.JPG
The boss inspected the stacks and said we needed more wood. Have had my eye on this tree and the power company finally took it down this past week. Had a great day with temps in NJ getting up to about 75. All and all an awesome time but the stove is back on tonight.

Latest posts

Back